General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Class two surgery or genio+ryno?

(1/3) > >>

Frastolo:
Hi,
i'm considering surgery, i'm in a class two dental occlusion. I hate my profile big nose/weak chin and protuding mouth while from the frontal i have a strong mentalis muscle hypertrofy due the fact that i have lip incompetence and this ruin the frontal view.
As you can see mandibular plane angle is high (over 40°). I'm also reporting a Clark Analysis. I have a scheduled consultion with 3 different max fac surgeon in november.
When i was younger i have done orthodontics from 12 to 16 in order to camufflage, but slowly the class two is returning back.

From functional aspect i have click and popping while eating and sometimes also when opening my mouth, strain when eating hard food,  tinnitus (ring in the ears) from when i was adolescent and i think also to suffer with sleep apnea.

I'm scared to bring brace again for years to decompensate the work done previusly, i really wish to do a surgery first approach.

Lateral xray: https://imgur.com/a/mMwje

Thanks for the help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tdawg:
Definitely DJS with somebody who does CCW rotation, imo.

ditterbo:

--- Quote from: tdawg on October 28, 2017, 05:18:16 AM ---Definitely DJS with somebody who does CCW rotation, imo.

--- End quote ---

His insurance might even agree, it's that bad.

Frastolo:

--- Quote from: ditterbo on October 28, 2017, 05:30:07 AM ---His insurance might even agree, it's that bad.

--- End quote ---
I'm in Europe so insurance is not avaiable i have to go to in a public hospital and be operated by a random surgeon and wait years or go privately choose the surgeon i want but pay myself the surgery.

Some orto said that i need only a lower surgery, but looking at the xray i'm a little skeptical...

kavan:
You're a candidate for the surgery. Since you are in Europe, your options are open to consult around for docs who do the surgery first. However, it might not preclude pre-molar  extractions being done during the surgery, class3 are better candidates and there might be some limitations to class 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version