General Category > Aesthetics

Clockwise Rotation / Anterior Downgraft

<< < (3/6) > >>

kavan:
Normal distance relationships from the front. Balance of '1/3rds'
Chin area will project longer with (back and down) CW.

Tati:
So, bad idea?

kavan:

--- Quote from: Tati on November 15, 2017, 12:17:14 PM ---So, bad idea?

--- End quote ---

It's not an idea, good or bad. It's a concept where some understanding of basic geometry is needed to embrace it. Your wanting to increase tooth show by increasing the angle of the occlusal plane, will in turn increase angle of of mandibular plane and in turn, the rotation rotates chin back and down where you would see the downward displacement of the rotation as a 'longer' chin in frontal view.

The concept to understand is that CW rotates backwards and down and that your request for wanting to do that for the PROFILE resolves to one where you are also asking for your chin to project a little longer in frontal view.

Tati:
I understand the concept of rotating, though was unaware it made your chin alone appear longer.

I figured you were saying it would make the front disproportionate in some way, or give me a long face.

My concern is not profile AT ALL to be clear, it's three-quarter and frontal view.

Anyhow, the surgeon said he'll see what can be done. He might suggest other movements, he might say there's nothing to be done, or he might just offer CW and leave me to evaluate the pros and cons..

I'll update as I recieve an answer..

I appreciate your feedback.

kavan:

--- Quote from: Tati on November 15, 2017, 02:19:44 PM ---I understand the concept of rotating, though was unaware it made your chin alone appear longer.

I figured you were saying it would make the front disproportionate in some way, or give me a long face.

My concern is not profile AT ALL to be clear, it's three-quarter and frontal view.

Anyhow, the surgeon said he'll see what can be done. He might suggest other movements, he might say there's nothing to be done, or he might just offer CW and leave me to evaluate the pros and cons..

I'll update as I recieve an answer..

I appreciate your feedback.

--- End quote ---

The easiest way to conceptualize a rotation is to look at a clock. Let's say the big hand is on 3. Extrapolate a straight horizontal from there. Let the big hand rotate to 6. Extrapolate a straight line horizontal from there. The horizontal extrapolated from 6 will be lower than the horizontal extrapolated from 3.

The next part is kind of hard for some people but if you can conceptualize (rotate in your head) the clock 90 degrees away from the plane you are used to viewing the clock as to project the extrapolation lines on to a 2-d plane, you won't see the lines but only the points where they hit the plane. The point where the '6' line hits plane will be lower than where the point of '3' line hits the plane.

The clock as you are used to looking at one, is equivalent to 'profile' of face with regard to rotations. The rotation of the clock itself 90 degrees away from the plane you are used to looking at it would be the 'frontal' view.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version