Author Topic: Is it possible down the line to either make changes to craniofacial nerves?  (Read 1287 times)

ForeverAloneDude

I've wondered this for a bit. Another major limitation is nerves. If we could move them around and/or repair them, then that is one step closer to being able to make any changes to a person's skull.

I heard that when touching a nerve lightly with even a micro-needle, it would damage it.

kavan

• Global Moderator
I've wondered this for a bit. Another major limitation is nerves. If we could move them around and/or repair them, then that is one step closer to being able to make any changes to a person's skull.

I heard that when touching a nerve lightly with even a micro-needle, it would damage it.

You mean cranial nerves to change the FACE. I forgot the name of the movie, think it had Peter Lorre in it, but there's an old horror movie where a criminal goes to a PS to have his face transformed so he can no longer be ID'ed for the crime and the PS tells him he's going to cut the 7th cranial nerve. After the surgery, the crimmi's face is horribly distorted so he's no longer recognizable. The 7th cranial nerve is the facial nerve.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

You mean cranial nerves to change the FACE. I forgot the name of the movie, think it had Peter Lorre in it, but there's an old horror movie where a criminal goes to a PS to have his face transformed so he can no longer be ID'ed for the crime and the PS tells him he's going to cut the 7th cranial nerve. After the surgery, the crimmi's face is horribly distorted so he's no longer recognizable. The 7th cranial nerve is the facial nerve.

What?

kavan

• Global Moderator
What?

EXACTLY!  I didn't know 'what?' to make of your post.  So I made one where you would say; 'What?'

ForeverAloneDude

EXACTLY!  I didn't know 'what?' to make of your post.  So I made one where you would say; 'What?'

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I think that you were thinking that I was asking if changing nerves will make a face more attractive.

I was asking if we can move or repair nerves in the future which can set people up to have unprecedented freedom for making changes to the bone structure.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I think that you were thinking that I was asking if changing nerves will make a face more attractive.

I was asking if we can move or repair nerves in the future which can set people up to have unprecedented freedom for making changes to the bone structure.

Seems like you were asking that given you state you associate the ability to do that with making changes to the bone structure.
tbh, I'm more of a now type person than futuristic.

ForeverAloneDude

Seems like you were asking that given you state you associate the ability to do that with making changes to the bone structure.
tbh, I'm more of a now type person than futuristic.

I'm futuristic since I've accepted that most procedures are pathetically a waste of time to most people including myself.

kavan

• Global Moderator
I'm futuristic since I've accepted that most procedures are pathetically a waste of time to most people including myself.

Well, until the future comes, you can't help being ugly but you can stay inside.

ForeverAloneDude

Well, until the future comes, you can't help being ugly but you can stay inside.

What do you think I’m currently doing 24/7 hehe