Author Topic: Revision double jaw surgery - advice  (Read 18351 times)

Brachy

Re: Revision double jaw surgery - advice
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »
Thanks. So I have small face, underdeveloped midface, shorter anterior cranial height, yet again my upper teeth are 12mm big. Currently, I show small gum line, but since I have very small nose (and midface) big teeth do not suit my face. I haven't mentioned it on consultations but multiple doctors have suggested anterior impaction (e.g. 2mm) In general, this would go in favour (in relative terms) to my midface and wideness of the face which I really like.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Revision double jaw surgery - advice
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2018, 11:25:12 AM »
Thanks. So I have small face, underdeveloped midface, shorter anterior cranial height, yet again my upper teeth are 12mm big. Currently, I show small gum line, but since I have very small nose (and midface) big teeth do not suit my face. I haven't mentioned it on consultations but multiple doctors have suggested anterior impaction (e.g. 2mm) In general, this would go in favour (in relative terms) to my midface and wideness of the face which I really like.

Then go back to the surgeon you consulted with who gave you the PLAN and introduce this concern.  Otherwise, you just end up throwing a wrench into the gears when you get a plan proposal and then 'wonder' about doing other things that are NOT listed in the proposal.  Ultimately, you will need to put ALL your concerns TOGETHER and present ALL of them to EACH doctor you consult with and also what OTHER doctors told you.

You don't seem to be bringing to the table all your concerns to each consult you go to where a lot of them are what the docs could be figuring out for you. It's a situation where you might not be able to depend on the board to incorporate NEW concerns you have that you come up with or otherwise introduce AFTER you go on a consult.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.