Author Topic: Options for fixing deep labiomental fold?  (Read 1585 times)

surgeryornot

Options for fixing deep labiomental fold?
« on: May 27, 2018, 06:40:23 AM »
Hi guys,

I opted for custom implants (full jaw/chin) vs BSSO surgery a few years back as I was considered a borderline case, with even a few oral surgeons I saw telling me BSSO wouldn't help with widening my face at all (had a very very narrow feminine V face with no angles and zero width), so I opted for the implants. I've been pleased for the most part, but I'm still pretty bothered by the deep labiomental fold I have. Does anyone have any suggestions aside from full scale removal of implants and doing BSSO? Looking to see if there's anything I can do to make the fold less prominent. Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Options for fixing deep labiomental fold?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 07:00:11 AM »
In my opinion, the fold is a trait you should like about your face. It gives structure.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:11:59 AM by Dogmatix »

haven

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 08:48:38 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with yours. But you could probably reduce it by getting a smaller implant, sliding genioplasty or fillers. What size implant is this? IMO not every needs to have their chin reach their lower lip, since it can cause a deeper fold, which looks worse than a small chin imo. With that said, I don't think yours looks bad at all.

ITALIA

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
From the photos provided it seems a non issue to me.   You have good structure do you mind saying who did your implants?

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »
No, if you're going to do something about it, don't reduce the size of the chin implant. An sg would be a complete redo and may not conform well with your new jaw width if that's a wrap-around jaw implant. The most invasive option I would consider is getting a doctor that knows how to apply a boney paste to smooth out the crease. That involves cutting through the lower front gums though, which maybe you haven't had to deal with with the implants. It's a lot riskier to your lower lip size, movement, and nerves compared to cutting through the submental region.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 04:45:13 PM »
You look good, but that implant will erode your bone over time. You should have gotten a sliding genio instead. The groove looks fine as-is. It is a bit deep but fits your face well. If you want, you can get someone who is experienced in HA paste to fill in the groove a bit. I'd personally remove the chin implant, get a sliding genio, then fill in the groove during that operation. But, this is all up to you and your risk tolerance. Since you look good now might want to just count your blessings.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »
I think your jaw/chin custom implants look GREAT. The LMF is OK tradeoff and I would NOT remove due to that. You can get the fold filled in with fillers.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.