Author Topic: Has anyone had a surgery with Dr Bryan Mendelson ?  (Read 2797 times)

Lestat

Re: Has anyone had a surgery with Dr Bryan Mendelson ?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 03:17:36 AM »
Kinda fishy they used 2 years for the study and then concluded that because it's good at 2 years it's good for life. Bad methodology and bad deduction.

It does not cause bone resorption of your natural bone. Even though it forms solid bone you can see the difference between it and the natural bone and easily find a plane between the two (f.e. when you want to remove it around the skull from a cranioplasty to perform additional procedures). The underlying bone remains normal and its strength is not compromised.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 07:21:02 AM »
My theory on INFECTION is that this comes from the release of periodontal PATHOGENS that get into the mouth cut. Hence best to get teeth inspected/cleaned in ample time before any cuts to the mouth used in surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Notctr

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 12:03:34 PM »
My theory on INFECTION is that this comes from the release of periodontal PATHOGENS that get into the mouth cut. Hence best to get teeth inspected/cleaned in ample time before any cuts to the mouth used in surgery.

With that theory virtually anything could get infected, besides, I have no incisions inside my mouth, the HA was put through the insides of my nose. HA has a very low infection rate in comparison to implants.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
With that theory virtually anything could get infected, besides, I have no incisions inside my mouth, the HA was put through the insides of my nose. HA has a very low infection rate in comparison to implants.

Then consider my statement was not specific to YOUR surgery given I made clear the issue of infection was via cuts to the MOUTH and you didn't have that in your specific case. However, in GENERAL, for LARGER cheek augmentations, eg implants, they are put in through the mouth.

Indeed periodontal pathogens from the teeth can find their way into the blood stream when cuts to the mouth are made. Indeed also periodontal pathogens when released via cuts to the mouth can infect other body implants or prosthesis or other areas.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.