Author Topic: widening the entire structure  (Read 1549 times)

SKV2

widening the entire structure
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:49:55 PM »
to preface this its just ruminating drivel since i was already told by someone to speak to in private regularly that you cannot at this time increase ear to ear distance, so its all f**ked... but, what are all the ways to add horizontal projection??

we have the mandibular cut, i dont recall its name someone said it in my surgery main thread, similar to sarpe but for mandible.. we have sarpe, and then i guess ZSO and implants to the mandible as well as zygoma (medpor is prob best but if ur in it for the long game it might be good to get silicone since ur going in with the intention of taking them out to replace with xilloc or epibone stuff when cosmetic surgeons warm up to it and use it , i imagine you could at that point just re make it to the same specification but with actual bone rather than silicone... though maybe adjust for potential resorption that occurred?? idk.)

i was thinking why cant u simply get implants on the sides of the skull and then box ost. perhaps and implants to zygoma and mandible, but said friend from earlier laughed and mentioned the ear to ear issue.

just thoughts i guess since things dont seem lively at all around here.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: widening the entire structure
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:58:05 PM »
to preface this its just ruminating drivel since i was already told by someone to speak to in private regularly that you cannot at this time increase ear to ear distance, so its all f**ked... but, what are all the ways to add horizontal projection??

we have the mandibular cut, i dont recall its name someone said it in my surgery main thread, similar to sarpe but for mandible.. we have sarpe, and then i guess ZSO and implants to the mandible as well as zygoma (medpor is prob best but if ur in it for the long game it might be good to get silicone since ur going in with the intention of taking them out to replace with xilloc or epibone stuff when cosmetic surgeons warm up to it and use it , i imagine you could at that point just re make it to the same specification but with actual bone rather than silicone... though maybe adjust for potential resorption that occurred?? idk.)

i was thinking why cant u simply get implants on the sides of the skull and then box ost. perhaps and implants to zygoma and mandible, but said friend from earlier laughed and mentioned the ear to ear issue.

i would love for someone to have the box osteotomy and come back and tell us. I wish i'd had sarpe before extractions but my ortho f**ked me by doing extractions. Sarpe i've heard can improve cheekbones too.

SKV2

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »
i would love for someone to have the box osteotomy and come back and tell us. I wish i'd had sarpe before extractions but my ortho f**ked me by doing extractions. Sarpe i've heard can improve cheekbones too.

ya i read about a couple ppl doing them but it always seems to be with a sort of .... unknown ? surgeon.. never a big name so theres obv more risk, and they never ever come back and talk about it, makes u wonder if they signed some sort of surgical equivalent to a NDA lol.

ive heard the same about sarpe which is weird since it doesnt make sense when u think about whats actually being mobilized.. maybe it leads to improved tongue posture and bite force and augments the patients soft tissue a little creating the appearance of getting more flanged?? would be nice for post op sarpe patients to get before and after frontal x rays to see whats actually going on.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:09:43 PM »
box osteotomy? orbital box osteotomy? yall crazy. might aswell get a monobloc and facial bipartition osteotomy while were at it.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 11:39:28 PM »

What is the general progress on the xilloc or epibone stuff?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
What is the general progress on the xilloc or epibone stuff?

Excuse me BUT why would you assume that someone who is clearly ruminating drivel and all over the place with it (in this post and his many others) and who mentions nothing about xilloc or epibone would be able to answer your question?

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
Excuse me BUT why would you assume that someone who is clearly ruminating drivel and all over the place with it (in this post and his many others) and who mentions nothing about xilloc or epibone would be able to answer your question?

Maybe he knows a thing or two about it but didn't talk about it earlier?