Before/After Photos > Underbites

Thoughts On This Sub-Par Result

(1/2) > >>

sanddunes:
This happened to pop up in my instagram feed.

Aesthetically, the result is so far from what an excellent surgeon could have achieved.

They moved his mandible WAY too far back and now he looks retrognathic!  They should have advanced his maxilla forward more instead.  If you draw a line down from his lips, his chin now sits well behind his bottom lip, resulting in a convex profile. 

If I was the surgeon I would be embarrassed by this sub-par result, not bragging about it or using it to advertise.  The caption of "What an amazing result!" really irritated me.

How do some surgeons have such a bad eye for aesthetics?  It's shocking and sad.

ghiggson90:
Looks like a great result to me.

dvfan:
Hmm yea mandible seems a bit set back too much. Would be interesting to see his ceph in addition to just this one pic though.

ditterbo:
Not sure how you figure. His lips look pretty well aligned now. If anything the inward flare of his bottom incisors makes me wonder if the doc could've technically moved the mandible even further back to make the bite more 'correct'.  But then he'd suffer with the airway and aesthetic consequences. Maybe he could've had a stronger SG, just maybe.

PloskoPlus:

--- Quote from: ditterbo on January 01, 2019, 03:50:36 PM ---Not sure how you figure. His lips look pretty well aligned now. If anything the inward flare of his bottom incisors makes me wonder if the doc could've technically moved the mandible even further back to make the bite more 'correct'.  But then he'd suffer with the airway and aesthetic consequences. Maybe he could've had a stronger SG, just maybe.

--- End quote ---

Probably needed CCW to minimize the setback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version