Author Topic: Not looking too hot - advice?  (Read 9640 times)

Perlkrys

• Private
Re: Not looking too hot - advice?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
Oh yeah, I think the online dating world exists solely because of good camera angles.

Well that's convenient. "Compared to nothing...you look great!"

LOL. Omfg no kidding.

rtjawsurgery

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 01:01:43 PM »
Hey, 4 weeks is really still way way too early to tell. I am one year post op now and from this vantage point, I can tell you that I looked WAY different now than I was at 4 weeks. Trust me. I obsessed and agonised over my face as well for the first few months post surgery and even went back to my jaw surgeon asking for a reversal, but now, one year later, I realize all the upper lip protrusion, the distorted nose, the swollen cheeks, the terrible smile - they were all because of the swelling.

Let your face settle for 6-8 months then see how you feel about it. I also have some canting and bite issues but my ortho is able to help quite significantly, and also because I want to avoid another surgery. My results are not perfect but I am happy enough to NOT risk a second surgery to fix what are minor "imperfections".

Good luck and I hope you will grow to love your new face like many of us here did! Remember: IT'S JUST SWELLING!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 05:30:20 PM »
If your bite is bad, you will need a revision. Orthodontically compensating the hell out of teeth is not the answer. You may lose your teeth.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 06:10:21 PM »
If your bite is bad, you will need a revision. Orthodontically compensating the hell out of teeth is not the answer. You may lose your teeth.

This is somewhat true.

It's hard to tell much without x-rays, though. If the teeth are too flared you run more risk of gum recession (and this could eventually lead to tooth loss).
Millimeters are miles on the face.

andyb

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »
Update: hallelujah, maybe?

I snapped this photo today, and it’s the first in which I’m sort of starting to resemble myself a bit again (except for the new lower mega-jaw, but surgery changes your face, ok, got it). The crazy lip situation is still there but mellowing, and my nose is starting to point in the right general direction. Midlines and canting are still bananas.

https://s33.postimg.cc/9lqslmbpr/9_A92_E1_A2-890_D-4530-_A6_BC-740_E48_E92178.jpg

My concern is looking at my gums it seems like I’m still totally a class III skeletally, and it’s just barely working because my incisors top and bottom are all flared out like crazy to overcompensate (not at all comfy bite-wise).

Wow first of all after one month post operation you look great, and there will be swelling for 3 months they say.
I had Class III crossbite before the op so the surgeon just altered the top jaw moving it forward to correct it, also did rhinoplasty in the same op because all my life I couldn't breath through my nose properly, he did a good job. I went to Barcelona to Dr Hernandez Alfaro and was very happy with the professionalism from the whole team there at the Teknon hospital.

can I ask where did you go and who did you see?  I also wonder why they needed to do a double jaw adjustment as you looked fine to me in the x-rays, but its hard to tell as I don't see a side view of the x-rays.

one thing I don't recall you saying is do you have bands fitted?? I think its very important that you should have a splint and bands for 2 months after surgery.

I will post the pre and post x-rays of myself

But worse, I feel over the past few weeks that my bite has been slipping even more into class III.. my lower braces seem to stick out more than the uppers now and front teeth are getting closer to edge to edge. Is this a thing that can happen? My bands are basically non-existent (a dinky one on each side for “support”). Anyone else experience something like this prior to ortho finishing? 🤔

after 2 weeks post operation I was able to start swimming in the ocean (salt water only) and just after 3 weeks (last Sat) I went rock climbing / bouldering.  so impressed with the operation and the hospital in Spain.
obviously I am not swimming and climbing big sessions like pre operation, but I think its important for the recovery to do lots of walking and keep in shape.

I will be interested to find out about if you have split / bands and if any side on ray's.

Andy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:35:02 PM by kavan »

niniajaw

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »
Only a fool surgeon would do revision on you. The surgeon didnt butched you he did a great job.
Its in your head aesthetically I see a beautiful woman also after jawsurgery. You had already presurgery a minuscule deviation of your vertical line of the center of your teeths to the right. But I emphasize again you are on the top range how a woman should look nice feminine traits and excellent symmetry.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
You look great in that last photo. But to be honest. I think you should post some photos that are just like point blank like those second set of photos.

You're very good looking in general. So I think you be happy with your results. I really do think it takes almost 3 months for everything to settle down. But if you want another opinion maybe post some simpler passport style pics.