Author Topic: Please Help Me Out! Mono-Jaw Surgery  (Read 2032 times)

Maxilla4Life

Re: Please Help Me Out! Mono-Jaw Surgery
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
I'm so sorry. I confused what you said in the original post and was thinking in terms of making the smaller side larger to match. Hence suggestion of implants.  Thanx for your clarification that you want the the larger side REDUCED. 

With that clarification (again sorry about the confusion), I RETRACT suggestion for implants. You will need reduction on the larger side.
It would be great to see an X ray to take a look at the bone structure and differentiate that from possible masseter hypertrophy.
Thank you very much for the reply. I see that you are a veteran on this site, so I'm very glad to see you take your time and help me out. I really appreciate it  :)

I have never done any x-rays of my skull. This is something I should definitely get done asap before I make any big assumptions about my case. Problem is, I don't know who I should turn towards. Is consulting with a Maxillofacial surgeon the right way of doing it? I'm pretty sure that there are no decent Maxillofacial surgeons in my country. That's why I asked for recommendations in Europe.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Please Help Me Out! Mono-Jaw Surgery
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
Thank you very much for the reply. I see that you are a veteran on this site, so I'm very glad to see you take your time and help me out. I really appreciate it  :)

I have never done any x-rays of my skull. This is something I should definitely get done asap before I make any big assumptions about my case. Problem is, I don't know who I should turn towards. Is consulting with a Maxillofacial surgeon the right way of doing it? I'm pretty sure that there are no decent Maxillofacial surgeons in my country. That's why I asked for recommendations in Europe.

Yes. Seek out a 'maxfax' surgeon; Spain, Italy, Germany, France, ..
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.