Author Topic: south korean surgeons / clinics  (Read 2781 times)

SKV2

south korean surgeons / clinics
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:10 PM »
has anyone here consulted with any s korean doctors or clinics?? from what i see they r very competent in what they do, its just that what they do isnt conducive to achieving proper male aesthetics... they seem to be best at altering women with an asian phenotype. tons of v line stuff and bone shaving from what ive seen, feminizing the face, etc. i just wonder if they offer anything we r unaware of that US and EU surgeons dont. ive thought about flying to seoul to speak to some of them or doing an online consult but for the most part i have a rough sketch already of what i think i want to do and who i want to go with (phase 1 being gunson and then sinn or wolford most likely , plus zarinbal, phase 2 needs more research but prob with how things r now custom silicone from eppley. dont rlly want to play around with soft tissue unless i live to be elderly and chase fat pads and collagen , though i wouldnt be averse to seeing taban just for a consult.. but if i ended up getting implants with eppley id just let him do it.. would be absurd to tell eppley sure cover my zygo, malar, and arch regions but leave infras alone i want taban to do that, lol... but taban could also maybe help with planning augmentation of the glabella / brow ridge for better eye hooding, plus he does some other soft tissue work that isnt filler or fat graft for the eye, ie canthos ).

Lazlo

• Private
Re: south korean surgeons / clinics
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:27:01 PM »
has anyone here consulted with any s korean doctors or clinics?? from what i see they r very competent in what they do, its just that what they do isnt conducive to achieving proper male aesthetics... they seem to be best at altering women with an asian phenotype. tons of v line stuff and bone shaving from what ive seen, feminizing the face, etc. i just wonder if they offer anything we r unaware of that US and EU surgeons dont. ive thought about flying to seoul to speak to some of them or doing an online consult but for the most part i have a rough sketch already of what i think i want to do and who i want to go with (phase 1 being gunson and then sinn or wolford most likely , plus zarinbal, phase 2 needs more research but prob with how things r now custom silicone from eppley. dont rlly want to play around with soft tissue unless i live to be elderly and chase fat pads and collagen , though i wouldnt be averse to seeing taban just for a consult.. but if i ended up getting implants with eppley id just let him do it.. would be absurd to tell eppley sure cover my zygo, malar, and arch regions but leave infras alone i want taban to do that, lol... but taban could also maybe help with planning augmentation of the glabella / brow ridge for better eye hooding, plus he does some other soft tissue work that isnt filler or fat graft for the eye, ie canthos ).

wouldn't trust them from a mile away for western patients seeking augmentation

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »
wouldn't trust them from a mile away for western patients seeking augmentation

Why not?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 03:42:58 PM »
Why not?

because all their work is for feminizing your jaw and making it tapered and narrow as well as reducing your cheekbones. If you're Asian, fine you may want that look. But for caucasians both men and women you want augmentation of those exact areas and the Korean doctors are not trained in doing that.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »
because all their work is for feminizing your jaw and making it tapered and narrow as well as reducing your cheekbones. If you're Asian, fine you may want that look. But for caucasians both men and women you want augmentation of those exact areas and the Korean doctors are not trained in doing that.

Good point.

https://www.drmorrissette.com/gallery/temporal-implants/01/

And in America, we have frauds like this...

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 10:00:42 PM »
Good point.

why is that guy a fraud? I mean I have no idea why you would have that procedure done, but what's fraudulent about it?

SKV2

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 01:17:24 AM »
Good point.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YzvPqrOVoS9tC/giphy.gif

idk why i find skull implants funny.. just the idea of someone getting silicone on their skull.. even though i might very likely get it done to make my forehead less slanted from profile view lol.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 01:15:05 PM »
why is that guy a fraud? I mean I have no idea why you would have that procedure done, but what's fraudulent about it?

It seems like the before and afters have differences in lens distortion rather than an actually effective result. Pathetic.

Also why wouldn't you want to have improvement in your top third if its deficient?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »
It seems like the before and afters have differences in lens distortion rather than an actually effective result. Pathetic.

Also why wouldn't you want to have improvement in your top third if its deficient?

That's a legitimate outcome of a temple implant to widen the temple to temple distance.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 07:21:35 PM »
That's a legitimate outcome of a temple implant to widen the temple to temple distance.

Ok maybe it’s my glass half empty mindset kicking in.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »

https://media.giphy.com/media/YzvPqrOVoS9tC/giphy.gif

idk why i find skull implants funny.. just the idea of someone getting silicone on their skull.. even though i might very likely get it done to make my forehead less slanted from profile view lol.

Sorry, I overlooked your reply. Replying now since never too late to reply.

Which surgeon is any good for this? Eppley?

I also want to start my journey of getting loads of implants/osteotomies with the top third of my skull.

Man, for those who are just messed up skull wise, there truly isn't much hope. I can try, but IDK.

I wonder what can be done to make the ears further apart too.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 08:31:59 AM »
Sorry, I overlooked your reply. Replying now since never too late to reply.

Which surgeon is any good for this? Eppley?

I also want to start my journey of getting loads of implants/osteotomies with the top third of my skull.

Man, for those who are just messed up skull wise, there truly isn't much hope. I can try, but IDK.

I wonder what can be done to make the ears further apart too.

Your wondering resolves to something that isn't done.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »
Your wondering resolves to something that isn't done.

Just curiosity about the technical challenges. I know that pretty much all the the ridiculous ideas I have won't work. I've toned down my desire to get procedures down to just mere curiosity since I know for the most part that nothing will really fix my face and have learned to accept it over the last 6 months or so.

Lol, for many who want actually good changes, I guess the only fix is transferring consciousness if that comes up...

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 10:13:25 AM »
Just curiosity about the technical challenges. I know that pretty much all the the ridiculous ideas I have won't work. I've toned down my desire to get procedures down to just mere curiosity since I know for the most part that nothing will really fix my face and have learned to accept it over the last 6 months or so.

Lol, for many who want actually good changes, I guess the only fix is transferring consciousness if that comes up...

The only way to get ANY IDEA of what could possibly done to possibly improve SOMETHING about your face would be to post photos. If not full 'flesh' photos a CEPH.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 10:17:37 AM »
The only way to get ANY IDEA of what could possibly done to possibly improve SOMETHING about your face would be to post photos. If not full 'flesh' photos a CEPH.

Yeah I'm going to get a CEPH first thing after I get my first job out of college and have more than 107ish dollars in my bank account. Or at least good non fraudy photos from photographers and will tell them to make them as accurate looking as possible to eliminate as much distortion etc. Probably both.

And, if you guys are still open to donations, I want to donate too to keep this site alive when the time where I get my first full time job out of college comes.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:33:29 AM by ForeverAloneDude »