Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 10604 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 01:42:06 PM »
Kavan I am worried lefort advancement will make me look worse as I already have  prominent anterior nasal spine. My upper lip would protrude even more. Can max fax do anything about it or is it rhino work?

CCW rotation via anterior impaction:

You will get some CCW auto-rotation of the mandible with the CCW anterior impaction of the maxilla which will put your mandible in a better position. = 1 good thing which is almost CERTAIN

You will reduce your gummy smile with same CCW anterior impaction of maxilla. = 1 good thing which is almost CERTAIN.

Advancement of the maxilla:

Advancement of the maxilla should allow MORE advancement of the mandible. = 1 good thing which is almost CERTAIN.

Advancement of the maxilla in order to kick up the good thing of more advancement of the mandible could possibly result in unfavorable changes to the base of the nose which includes the top of the upper lip area. = 1 bad thing that is possible but highly UNCERTAIN.

NOTE: It's highly uncertain that maxillary advancement would be a 'bad' thing for you BECAUSE there is NO INFORMATION as to 'how much' advancement there will be there. That's DIFFERENT from the the mandible advancement because even if if HOW MUCH is unknown, we know, with certainty, that even a modest advancement to the mandible would be an improvement.

---------

Tally:

3 good things that are pretty certain VS 1 bad possible bad thing (a 'trade-off) that's uncertain.

IF the bad thing were certain, then 3 certain good thing vs 1 certain bad thing would mean a 75% 'pay-off' or over all improvement.

But since the bad thing you are worried about is UNCERTAIN, the potential 'pay-off' or IMPROVEMENT is MORE than 75%.

A 75% potential for over all improvement is pretty good and since the bad thing is uncertain, the potential for over all improvement gets higher.

Highly IRRATIONAL to think that something that could possibly happen (an unwanted aesthetic trade-off from maxillary advancement) would make you look worse in a circumstance where the maxillary advancement might be needed for an overall 75% improvement in your appearance.

Although the bad thing is NOT certain, IF it's something that you would not want to risk possibly happening IN EXCHANGE for a 75% over-all improvement, then don't get the surgery. Stay as you are.

There are no 100% certainties in these surgeries. So don't expect it to be 100% certain that you will be 100% improved. Learn to accept uncertainty and work with the ODDS or at least enough to know they are in your favor.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ProsfeR

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2023, 11:24:17 PM »
Hello everyone! It's been a while. I had jaw surgery yesterday.
As far as I know the maxilla was impacted  and advanced and the lower jaw was advanced 10mm + genioplasty 2.4mm. I'm so swollen. Breathing through the nose is so much better now.

Tomasjohn

• Private
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2023, 11:17:59 AM »
Recover well and fast. Keep us posted.

ProsfeR

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2023, 06:50:04 AM »
So, it's been a month since the surgery. Overall, I'm satisfied with the result even though it's still too early to tell. My mouth closure is still very forced. The lower lip is now so much smaller, but it still doesn't move much, and there's not much feeling compared to the upper lip which has almost recovered. The nose got a little wider, but not much.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:01:56 AM by ProsfeR »

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2023, 01:27:30 PM »
Great result from the side.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2023, 02:59:13 PM »
That looks amazing. Can you share who the doctor was and where you got this done? I think lower jaw and chin nerves might take longer to heal.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ProsfeR

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2023, 06:44:08 AM »
Thanks!
I'm from Ukraine. The surgery was in Ukraine in Lviv. My surgeon is a good friend of Simonas Grybauskas from Vilnius, Lithuania. The surgery cost me over €6000. Here are more photos.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 07:31:48 AM by ProsfeR »

Tomasjohn

• Private
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2023, 07:49:14 AM »
Looks good.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2023, 01:14:42 PM »
Yeah the nose widened quite a bit, but guys can get away with that. Still a great result overall.

coldconduit

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2023, 02:03:53 PM »
Congrats, you look really good. Your cheekbones look more defined too. How does your nasal breathing feel now, a month after?

ProsfeR

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2023, 12:52:51 AM »
Thanks! Nasal breathing is much better now, I immediately felt the difference right after the surgery.

ProsfeR

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2023, 03:07:58 PM »
2 months post-op. Lip closure is much better now.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2023, 08:26:32 AM »
It's strange how your lower lip flattened out and widened like that. I wouldn't notice without seeing the before and after, so it's not a huge deal. Just something I have never seen and don't really understand why that would happen. It almost looks like the chin was widened? If so maybe that could cause it.