Author Topic: Just received 3D nylon print of face..(Pictures)(Consultation with Dr. Birbe)  (Read 1858 times)

strongjawman

Hi guys - for pictures just open in new tab, not sure why they are so big.

So last week I flew to London to have a CT Scan done and a 3D nylon print of my entire boney anatomy of my face. I got this done for a couple of reasons. 1/ I knew I had asymmetry of my actual mandible, but wasn't sure if my cheek asymmetry was due to the zygoma or just soft tissue. 2/ It is pretty cool to actually have a tangible replica of your own face and will hopefully be beneficial for consultations when creating a surgical plan.

I'm happy that my zygomas appear to symmetrical, so my asymmetry here is soft tissue related, so that rules out wasting time researching zygomatic procedures.

Secondly, my mandible and chin asymmetry is highlighted nicely. As you will see the right side is larger than the left, and the chin (and midline of lower incisors) chift to the left as was concluded by my first surgical consult. Although I am class i on the right side, it has cause my teeth on the left to be cusp to cusp, and edge to edge at the front.

If I can get braces to fix this (impossible according to first surgeon) then I will obviously do this over surgery. If not the jaws might have to be adjusted unfortunately.

I am also flying to Barcelona this week to consult with Dr. Birbe, so I will update this thread with my experience with him. Feeling a bit nervous actually as it all seems so close to coming to a conclusion. This has been on my mind since at least 2010.

What are your immediate thoughts when looking at my boney anatomy? I don't have a lot of forward projection in everyday pictures and have a steep mandibular plane. But other than that I am happy with cheekbones and chin.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:45:54 PM by kavan »

Dogmatix

• Private
Wow, that is cool. Where did you do that, and what did it cost?

strongjawman

Wow, that is cool. Where did you do that, and what did it cost?

Cavendish Imaging, London. The scan is £350 and the model is £450 but they had a scan + model package for £100 discount, so £700 in total.

Pretty expensive to be honest but I couldn't find anywhere else nearby.

ditterbo

I don't see a steep mandibular plane. Hell it's closer to flat than steep.

strongjawman

I don't see a steep mandibular plane. Hell it's closer to flat than steep.
That's because it's sitting back on itself and there is no frame of reference for proper posture because it doesn't include the rest of my skull. If I look straight ahead I have about an inch or 2 between my chin and Adam's apple, whatever that area is called. You don't think it looks steep here? This scan is from 2012. I was also tilting my head up slightly here for the scan.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:27:27 PM by strongjawman »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Hi guys - for pictures just open in new tab, not sure why they are so big.

So last week I flew to London to have a CT Scan done and a 3D nylon print of my entire boney anatomy of my face. I got this done for a couple of reasons. 1/ I knew I had asymmetry of my actual mandible, but wasn't sure if my cheek asymmetry was due to the zygoma or just soft tissue. 2/ It is pretty cool to actually have a tangible replica of your own face and will hopefully be beneficial for consultations when creating a surgical plan.

I'm happy that my zygomas appear to symmetrical, so my asymmetry here is soft tissue related, so that rules out wasting time researching zygomatic procedures.

Secondly, my mandible and chin asymmetry is highlighted nicely. As you will see the right side is larger than the left, and the chin (and midline of lower incisors) chift to the left as was concluded by my first surgical consult. Although I am class i on the right side, it has cause my teeth on the left to be cusp to cusp, and edge to edge at the front.

If I can get braces to fix this (impossible according to first surgeon) then I will obviously do this over surgery. If not the jaws might have to be adjusted unfortunately.

I am also flying to Barcelona this week to consult with Dr. Birbe, so I will update this thread with my experience with him. Feeling a bit nervous actually as it all seems so close to coming to a conclusion. This has been on my mind since at least 2010.

What are your immediate thoughts when looking at my boney anatomy? I don't have a lot of forward projection in everyday pictures and have a steep mandibular plane. But other than that I am happy with cheekbones and chin.

Please REDUCE the file size of your last 3 photos to 25% their original size and put them on one photo together
                                      OR
Reduce each one to 50% file size and repost.

Your last 3 photos were excessively LARGE and too BIG to view and we don't want that excessive file size getting copied in each post when someone hits quote and does not delete the IMGUR tags.

For that reason, I had to remove the last 3 (profile) photos that were too large. But you can REPOST them after you reduce their file sizes.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.