Author Topic: My cephs  (Read 3532 times)

april

• Private
Re: My cephs
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:28 AM »
Thank you both. I don't think I can justify doing jaw surgery for only 4mm mandibular advancement. So it'd have to be DJS or nothing.
I've now had CCW suggested to me by an actual surgeon (crazy right? :P) But I don't know the movements & there are a lot more variables I now need to consider.

As for doing nothing, well now that everything has been pushed back, my lips are actually more in alignment - so from an outsiders perspective I don't actually look that recessed (besides the double chin). People in my life wonder why I would even consider jaw surgery. Well, I FEEL recessed; there's not much room for my tongue and I need to hold my jaw forward. But I could technically just keep jutting forward...

Out of curiosity, I tried to figure out the ANB (but I might have done it wrong) and I'm getting 8-9.
(Before extractions, it looks like it was 5-ish. Then it increased to around 7 after extractions, wisdom teeth removal and condylar resorption.)
My upper jaw position seems close to the norm. So I'm guessing (as you've said to others Kavan) that's why I was only really offered LJS in the past.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:37:57 AM by april »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: My cephs
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 11:51:41 AM »
With reference to your LAST ceph and the 'S', 'N', 'A' and 'B' points where angle ANB=SNA-SNB
an 8 for ANB sounds about right via my approximation of SNA about 80 and SNB about 72.

Thank you both. I don't think I can justify doing jaw surgery for only 4mm mandibular advancement. So it'd have to be DJS or nothing.
I've now had CCW suggested to me by an actual surgeon (crazy right? :P) But I don't know the movements & there are a lot more variables I now need to consider.

As for doing nothing, well now that everything has been pushed back, my lips are actually more in alignment - so from an outsiders perspective I don't actually look that recessed (besides the double chin). People in my life wonder why I would even consider jaw surgery. Well, I FEEL recessed; there's not much room for my tongue and I need to hold my jaw forward. But I could technically just keep jutting forward...

Out of curiosity, I tried to figure out the ANB (but I might have done it wrong) and I'm getting 8-9.
(Before extractions, it looks like it was 5-ish. Then it increased to around 7 after extractions, wisdom teeth removal and condylar resorption.)
My upper jaw position seems close to the norm. So I'm guessing (as you've said to others Kavan) that's why I was only really offered LJS in the past.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.