Author Topic: Is a Lip Lift Advisable as a Camouflage for Jaw Issues?  (Read 2588 times)

RedLips

Is a Lip Lift Advisable as a Camouflage for Jaw Issues?
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:24:48 PM »
I've been back and forth on jaw surgery for a while, but ultimately I feel like it's too big a risk right now because results aren't guaranteed. For a couple years now, I've been getting fillers in my cheeks, lips, and chin (to make my long midface look less long and to minimize the appearance of chin incompetence.)

I'm very concerned about the appearance of my long philtrum. A jaw surgeon I went to said it's within normal range, but it always looks so long to me. When I get fillers, the top lip seems to pillow out and look weird. Would it be worth it to get a lip lift? And if so, could I have that done while currently having fillers, or would I have to wait for them to fade? Would a lip lift make my midface look less long?

I also hate how I have such prominent nasolabial lines (I'm in my mid-twenties) that go straight down and merge into marionette lines.

Here are photos (all post-fillers):
https://imgur.com/a/NmCtb7Q

Thanks in advance

RedLips

Re: Is a Lip Lift Advisable as a Camouflage for Jaw Issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:03:53 PM »
I should also probably mention that I have a slightly gummy smile. Would it be too drastic if I were to get a lip lift?

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 02:05:10 PM »
I should also probably mention that I have a slightly gummy smile. Would it be too drastic if I were to get a lip lift?

I'm always against lip lifts since I've seen too many botched ones. Your philtrum isn't too bad although its not ideal. You're really overthinking this dude.

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:31:36 PM »
Paging Lazlo... we have a case for you to review.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
Paging Lazlo... we have a case for you to review.

🍿

RedLips

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 04:47:03 AM »
I'm always against lip lifts since I've seen too many botched ones. Your philtrum isn't too bad although its not ideal. You're really overthinking this dude.

Okay, so I know this isn't the best photo, but this is what I mean by my face being long. I have long (though high) cheeks and a long lip. I do have fillers in the cheeks/chin/lips to offset that issue. But would it be worth it to do a lip lift, or is that a dumb idea?

Photo: https://imgur.com/6EeURJr

ghiggson90

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »

Okay, so I know this isn't the best photo, but this is what I mean by my face being long. I have long (though high) cheeks and a long lip. I do have fillers in the cheeks/chin/lips to offset that issue. But would it be worth it to do a lip lift, or is that a dumb idea?

Photo: https://imgur.com/6EeURJr

Don't do it. You look great, plus I've never seen a lip lift look good.

boyo

RedLips

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 10:53:58 AM »
Don't do it. You look great, plus I've never seen a lip lift look good.

I just don't want to look like me anymore and I don't know what else to change

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »
Holy f**k. Are you crazy? The answer is yes you've developed BDD.

Gummy smiles are considered attractive so forget about that.

LIP LIFTS ARE A NO IN ALL CASES they f**king destroy how people look. Any surgeon who offers it is unethical. THEY ALWAYS LEAVE PEOPLE LOOKING DISGUSTING AND CREATE MAJOR PHYSICAL COMPLICATIONS>

YOU DO NOT NEED JAW SURGERY.. JUST WOWRK ON OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE LIKE CAREER AND DOING GOOD THINGS FOR OTHERS TO HELP YOUR SELF ESTEEM YOU HAVE BDD.

YOU ARE f**kING GORGEOUS UP THERE IN THE .5 PERCENT OF PEOPLE.

SO SERIOUSLY STOP EVEN THINKING ABOUT JAW SURGERY. YOUR FILLER DOC IS DOING AN AMAZING NATURAL AND GORGEOUS JOB. YOU DON"T EVEN HAVE PROMINENT NASOLABIAL FOLDS. AGAIN YOU ARE GORGEOS AND I HAVE SUPER HIGH STANDARDS. PENELOPE CRUZ IS LIKE AN 7.5/10 to me. YOU HAVE A CHARLIZE THERON LOOK. AND SHE"S DEF A 9/10.