Author Topic: Lip posture  (Read 1772 times)

ProsfeR

Lip posture
« on: December 27, 2018, 02:06:57 AM »
My lips look very weird. Do you guys think jaw surgery can correct this? Or maybe I'll have to do some plastic surgery for my lips? I just want to look normal.

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Lip posture
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:02:34 AM »
You need to consult a surgeon if you want a comment on your specific case, since there are many variables to such question. In general, yes, jaw surgeons consider lip incompetence when planning the surgery, but that doesn't mean everything can be fixed exactly as the patient pictures it.

ghiggson90

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
My lips look very weird. Do you guys think jaw surgery can correct this? Or maybe I'll have to do some plastic surgery for my lips? I just want to look normal.

Please be more specific about your concerns re: your lips. You do have some lip incompetence which would be improved by anterior maxillary impaction.

ProsfeR

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:21:32 AM »
Please be more specific about your concerns re: your lips. You do have some lip incompetence which would be improved by anterior maxillary impaction.

Shape of my lips. The way my upper lip looks when mouth is open. My protruding lower lip.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »

Shape of my lips. The way my upper lip looks when mouth is open. My protruding lower lip.

The lips relate to some things you were told prior; need for CCW. Here you see EXCESS tooth show to upper lip area where the CCW would relate to the anterior impaction. The chin area relates to genioplasty to move chin forward for better lower lip support. Both together will allow better lip closure. When the doctor told you that you needed CCW, it's highly likely this included anterior impaction with moving lower jaw and chin forward.

So YES, you are a candidate for double jaw surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

JourneyToSerenity

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
Already been posted on here before, Dr.Gunson, presentation on lips:

https://www.pathlms.com/pcso/events/979/video_presentations/91349

ProsfeR

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 03:17:14 PM »
The lips relate to some things you were told prior; need for CCW. Here you see EXCESS tooth show to upper lip area where the CCW would relate to the anterior impaction. The chin area relates to genioplasty to move chin forward for better lower lip support. Both together will allow better lip closure. When the doctor told you that you needed CCW, it's highly likely this included anterior impaction with moving lower jaw and chin forward.

So YES, you are a candidate for double jaw surgery.

Thank you. Hope it will improve my lip function and aesthetics.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 08:40:08 PM »
Thank you. Hope it will improve my lip function and aesthetics.

Certainly has potential to do that with the CCW anterior impaction aspect of it along with the advancement of lower jaw and also the chin.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.