Author Topic: Jaw surgery to help elongate face  (Read 1012 times)

env824

Jaw surgery to help elongate face
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum as I just realized Jaw surgery was able to improve aesthetics. Sorry if this question has been asked but maybe someone could shed some light on what type of surgery could help. I have a pretty short round face and I want my face to be longer. The length between my eyes to mouth is short and my face is round. I don't have a jawline and I have an overbite. What type of jaw surgery would be most helpful in elongating the face. I feel like both my midface and and lower jaw are short. I heard of lefort osteomy too but not sure the difference between all of them. If someone has some good articles to read, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Jaw surgery to help elongate face
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:57:16 PM »
Athough, technically, they can't really increase or decrease the the midface height which is the area between the root of the nose ('top' of it near the glabella) and the base of the nose, they can increase the facial height between root of nose and base of chin so you have more 'face space' to better distribute soft tissue. That's done with a 'down graft' put in during the lefort1. The distance increase is seen to the lower '1/3rd' of the face. The lefort 1 can also have other movements in order to accommodate what needs to be done to the lower jaw and also for the front teeth to show in the right place and for the back teeth to meet in the right place.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

env824

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 05:07:23 AM »
Thanks for the info Kavan! super helpful. I guess what I want is for my face to be harmonious if my facial length is increased. I don't want this long face and then a scrunchy eyes to mouth ratio.

Is there a surgery for midface height? I still feel like my nose is a bit "piggy" like and want a longer more masculine nose. (or do you know of any surgery that does this?)

Thanks again! :)

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »
Thanks for the info Kavan! super helpful. I guess what I want is for my face to be harmonious if my facial length is increased. I don't want this long face and then a scrunchy eyes to mouth ratio.

Is there a surgery for midface height? I still feel like my nose is a bit "piggy" like and want a longer more masculine nose. (or do you know of any surgery that does this?)

Thanks again! :)

Rephrasing the question doesn't change my answer to the initial one.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.