Author Topic: Dr. Robert Ferdowsmakan - San Diego  (Read 2202 times)

Austinou88

Dr. Robert Ferdowsmakan - San Diego
« on: December 30, 2018, 07:55:06 PM »
I just wanted to share my experience of Dr. Ferdowsmakan in San Diego.
I went to him for wisdom teeth surgery, which everything went smoothly, and also consulted with him for jaw surgery.

The reason I chose him was because I wanted to see an OMFS who also did jaw surgery and had good results, incase
I could get it approved by the military and tied into the treatment. Which of course the military didn't let happen.

He was literally one of the nicest, and overly polite doctors I've ever met though, very genuine.
The office was very nice and private, and were crazyquick with getting all my paperwork processed.

He certainly isn't Arnett & Gunson level, but is a very honest and decently experienced surgeon.
He was also trained by one of the top OMFS's on the west coast, who coincidentally is the OMFS I had originally been planning to see,
so that was some reassurance.

I mentioned to him Arnett & Gunson, and a few other top OMFS's in the USA and he was impressed and told me I had done my research.
He said he wouldn't be against me going to see them, and encouraged me to do it if I wanted to see the top guys.

He said he charges about $30k for both jaws, and I think he said he does about 50 to 100 surgerys a year. So not too many.
So although I won't be having him do the jaw surgery now, he may be worth checking out.
(main reason being he isn't covered under my medical insurance and only dental.)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:14:37 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

Re: Dr. Robert Ferdowsmakan - San Diego
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 10:47:20 PM »
Also forgot to mention, when I called to setup an appointment with the Orthodontist Arnett & Gunson use (Dr. McLaughlin), they asked me who did my Wisdom Teeth Surgery.
I told them it was Dr. Ferdowsmakan, and they said they know who he is and have sent patients to him before. So not a bad sign.