Author Topic: How did you guys get over your fear of general anasthesia?  (Read 1137 times)

dardok

How did you guys get over your fear of general anasthesia?
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:56:10 PM »
I am worried more so about the complications of anaphylaxis and malignant hyperthermia as well as chance of stroke.

My surgery itself I believe will go fine but I am scared to death of the idea I could not even wake up or wake up with severe disability.

Has anyone had bad experience with anasthesia? I am worried to the point I am reconsidering even going through with surgery.

GJ

• Administrator
Re: How did you guys get over your fear of general anasthesia?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:47 PM »
You just have to take the plunge. Stop trying to control everything and let what is meant to be happen.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »
I don't have exact statistics but offhand I'd say your chances of getting complications from the actual surgery are way higher than anything anesthesia related.

Live a healthy lifestyle, eating well and exercising so your body can easily tolerate the procedure.

dammit_daniel

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »
I've never had a bad experience from going up 3 times. Have you had anasthesia before?

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:37:43 AM »
From what I know, the statistics where complications occure due to the actual anasthesia is often correlated to other health problems. I believe healthy young people have very little to fear in this aspect.