Author Topic: Health improvements post lower jaw surgery?  (Read 1160 times)

pandapanda

Health improvements post lower jaw surgery?
« on: February 14, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »
I need lower jaw surgery to open my airways and throat. Basically my jaw is crushing these things. I am told that i should be able to breathe better after. I am wondering if my throat wob't feel like it is constantly filled with snot after the surgery. I am wondeting if there are any other changes I can expect in my health. Any personal experiences would be welcome!  Thank you

JourneyToSerenity

Re: Health improvements post lower jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »
I need lower jaw surgery to open my airways and throat. Basically my jaw is crushing these things. I am told that i should be able to breathe better after. I am wondering if my throat wob't feel like it is constantly filled with snot after the surgery. I am wondeting if there are any other changes I can expect in my health. Any personal experiences would be welcome!  Thank you

Do you suffer from sleep apnea? Have you asked why they aren't recommending upper jaw surgery, too?

I think you mean phlegm, not snot, right? Unfortunately, there's a lack of people who post the health benefits they've seen post-surgery, so it's hard to know. I did find a person who underwent jaw surgery for sleep apnea, he said it eliminated his apnea, breathing become a lot easier and he saw improvements in his cardio, prior to it, even the shortest amount of cardio would cause him trouble. It's getting later here, give me some time, I'll try my utmost tomorrow evening to find that post for you.

JourneyToSerenity

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 08:21:54 AM »
Apologies for the late reply. Hope it helps, and answers some of your questions.

https://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=38481&start=30

pandapanda

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »
Maybe it is pleghm. Whatever it is, it also prevents me from breathing well. I do have a sleep apnea diagnosis. I will have to ask why they are not suggesting upper jaw surgery. Thank you for the link! :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:48:53 PM by pandapanda »