Author Topic: ANYONE TRIED BRENT MOLLEKSEN?  (Read 2137 times)

Lazlo

• Private
ANYONE TRIED BRENT MOLLEKSEN?
« on: February 05, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »
This guy has a fat grafting technique that transplants fat that has blood vessels etc. intact. This is unlike most methods where very little fat survives.

This could do wonders for layering the under-eye area and building up the cheeks.

Anyone ever tried this doc? https://www.drbrent.com/signature-plastic-surgery-beverly-hills/livefill/

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: ANYONE TRIED BRENT MOLLEKSEN?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 06:26:56 PM »
This guy has a fat grafting technique that transplants fat that has blood vessels etc. intact. This is unlike most methods where very little fat survives.

This could do wonders for layering the under-eye area and building up the cheeks.

Anyone ever tried this doc? https://www.drbrent.com/signature-plastic-surgery-beverly-hills/livefill/

It's called a free fascia flap , a strip of tissue with fat on it that has a blood supply running through it.  It's really nothing new. He just puts a marketing buzz and trade mark on it to make it seem so.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »
It's called a free fascia flap , a strip of tissue with fat on it that has a blood supply running through it.  It's really nothing new. He just puts a marketing buzz and trade mark on it to make it seem so.

Understood. But i hadn't heard of it before and it sounds like a much more viable means of facial filling or augmentation than traditional fat grafts that are almost entirely pointless because they dissipate so quickly.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:49:22 AM »
Understood. But i hadn't heard of it before and it sounds like a much more viable means of facial filling or augmentation than traditional fat grafts that are almost entirely pointless because they dissipate so quickly.

'IT' -- free facsia fat flap-- is a fine method and has been used for quite a number of years before Coleman refined his technique for injected fat to have a very high probability of lasting. FFFF is actually the 'traditional' method for a fat graft. Coleman technique of getting injected fat to graft is the 'new' method.

FFFF requires a donor site where an incision needs to be made to harvest the flap. If you're having a face lift, one can be harvested from something they would otherwise throw away, like a piece of excess tissue with some fat on it. If you're not having a face lift incision, then they need to find another place where the scar would not be readily visible to harvest the flap. I knew a woman (this was over 20 years ago) where the doctor harvested from the pubic mound area (now, don't get all horny about this!). He put the FFFF to thicken her upper lip. Incision was to inner mouth area to do it. Came out nice. For eyes, there used to be an eye guy (Meronk) who would harvest 'pearls' of fat and graft them directly. I think Dr. Yang in NYC used the method learned from Meronk (Meronk is retired).  So, it's a fine method when you're getting an incision anyway to harvest and/or place it (eg. face lift with bleph) and/or you have place on body where the scar can be hidden if harvest comes from there and also when the area to be grafted is small.

To me, the act of 'Dr Brent' using a lot of subterfuge to give impression this is a technique unique to him and something he pioneered, which it ISN'T, is a RED FLAG for duplicious doctor.

So, just be sure to use the GENERIC name of it; 'free facsia fat flap' or 'pearl' fat graft (which is what they use to the eye area) and your options will be open to many more doctors than this Dr. Brent.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »
To me, the act of 'Dr Brent' using a lot of subterfuge to give impression this is a technique unique to him and something he pioneered, which it ISN'T, is a RED FLAG for duplicious doctor.

Yep. That's my issue with him.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
Yep. That's my issue with him.

Oh wow. He's really a slippery one. Photos listed under the trade name he gives for the free fascia fat flap show face/neck lifts which he OMITS from mention.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
I thought this stuff was done as far back as World War I.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »
f**k are there any other docs you'd trust who do this technique?

I f**king hate it when they show pics of multiple procedures when only one is mentioned. So f**king slimey.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 10:33:33 PM »
I dunno, if it requires an incision to the target area then you don't want big incisions in your face unless you're having a face lift, which I don't want.

I