Author Topic: Anyone heard of Dr. Dale Stringer? 500+ Surgerys a year!  (Read 3526 times)

Austinou88

Anyone heard of Dr. Dale Stringer? 500+ Surgerys a year!
« on: September 12, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
Anyone heard of Dr. Dale Stringer over in Riverside, CA. He's in-network with my insurance, and was former military.

The lady at his office said he does at least 500 surgerys a year. That seems pretty far fetched, but thats what she said! He says on his website says he does about 300 jaw surgerys anually. Ghost Surgerys!?!? Not really sure.

I couldn't really find many before and after photos from his patients. Maybe its because he works with insurance?

It also says on his website "He splits his practice into 50% office procedures (extractions, implants, oral and facial pathology) and 50% hospital procedures (orthognathic surgery, facial fractures, tumor reconstruction and TMJ surgery)."

Website here: https://www.drstringer.com
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:27:12 AM by Austinou88 »

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Anyone heard of Dr. Dale Stringer? 500+ Surgerys a year!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:39:50 PM »
Surgery is a wide concept, including extractions etc. Not sure why numbers are this important, but 500 orthognatic surgeries seems far fetched for anyone to accomplish. You need consulting time, for planning, execution and post op visits.

Austinou88

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »
Surgery is a wide concept, including extractions etc. Not sure why numbers are this important, but 500 orthognatic surgeries seems far fetched for anyone to accomplish. You need consulting time, for planning, execution and post op visits.
I agree, I wonder why he would be stating he does such a high number of cases, 500 a year is like impossible!
Definitely seems like a red flag.

omfsholtzen

• Surgical Arts Centre
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:57 AM »
500 orthognathic surgeries per year would make him the busiest surgeon of this type in the world. Unlikely at best.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
500 orthognathic surgeries per year would make him the busiest surgeon of this type in the world. Unlikely at best.

Just looked at his website. It says:

"...... he developed a special interest in orthognathic surgery (repositioning jaws to correct skeletal/dental deformities of the face), and now performs over 300 of these surgeries annually.

He splits his practice into 50% office procedures (extractions, implants, oral and facial pathology) and 50% hospital procedures (orthognathic surgery, facial fractures, tumor reconstruction and TMJ surgery). .."
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.