Author Topic: Help with interpreting ceph - on behalf of another  (Read 808 times)

The Quest for Aesthetics

Help with interpreting ceph - on behalf of another
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:41:59 AM »
On behalf of someone who is currently unable to access their account:

"Hello members of JSF, I trust the opinions of this site and would like some input on whether bimax would benefit me and why based off my CT scan. Currently I have a chin implant but am getting it removed and having genioplasty performed. (Yes the CT is prior to the implant but it gives a good overview of the underlying bone structure) I am also interested in bimax as I feel I could benefit from some CCW rotation and forward advancement of the jaws. Can experienced users chime in? Thanks."

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Help with interpreting ceph - on behalf of another
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
You don't seem to have any bite deficiency, nor small airways, so it would be purely aesthetical.

If you've had a jaw implant and were happy with the result, then you'll probably be happy with the result of some kind of advancing jaw surgery, at least the chin that would do somewhat what you've already tried.

Maybe full bimax and ccw would give you a good result. If you would want to put the lips in a position intersecting the TVL, then some kind of CCW is maybe what would achieve this best, as the lower lip is slightly behind the upper.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Help with interpreting ceph - on behalf of another
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:34 AM »
From the lines (for the planes of the face) and the arc on the ceph, it very much looks like a Sassouni analysis. Here's a link to a slide share about that. But many more can be found by Googling 'Sassouni analysis'.

https://www.slideshare.net/tanviandrade9/sassounis-analysis

By the way, which member is having a problem with their account?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.