Author Topic: Chin Wing after Bi-Max ??  (Read 12110 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Chin Wing after Bi-Max ??
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
Since you guys are in the thick of this discussion about chinwings I just wanted to ask: Is it possible to get bimax AFTER a chin wing/side wing or would that be in the way of bimax? or bsso? Just curious.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »
Yes the confusion here is that you thought I wanted the side wing (flared angles) first without dropping them vertically - obviously that would be a disaster.

I propose that the term ‘wing’ refers to the cutting along the border, where “chin wing” means dropping or advancing the chin, as in class II patients who want camaflouge work instead of JS, “Side Wing” where the jaw angles are flared laterally, and “jaw wing” or “back wing” where the jaw angles are lengthened vertically, because everyone has a different interpretation of chin wing.

I mean can you imagine if Ben’s surgeon dropped his chin and middle jaw area simply because Ben asked for a chin wing, meanwhile Ben thought a chin wing meant dropping the back jaw? Just horrendous, unacceptable miscommunication if that’s the case. This is why I’m paranoid about not using “chin wing”

There is no confusion. I 'thought' so because your WORDS  said you wanted just the side wing. It's only obvious to you now because I had to break it down FOR you.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2019, 08:04:54 PM »
Since you guys are in the thick of this discussion about chinwings I just wanted to ask: Is it possible to get bimax AFTER a chin wing/side wing or would that be in the way of bimax? or bsso? Just curious.

I don't know. Ask the graduate of the Midvale School for the Gifted.

ODog

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »
There is no confusion. I 'thought' so because your WORDS  said you wanted just the side wing. It's only obvious to you now because I had to break it down FOR you.

Jesus Kavan Side Wing refers to jaw angle widening and/or lengthening, as per Z himself. Chin wing refers specifically to the chin area. Everyone but you in this thread knew that I meant jaw angle lengthening. You didn’t break down anything for me.

After reviewing emails with Z, he uses side wing to refer to back of the jaw. You’re the one misusing the term.

I can’t believe I’m even wasting energy on such petty nonsense. 

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2019, 05:51:59 AM »
Enough already from you because I told you already side wing refers to back of jaw. The waste of energy is MUTUAL. In the interest of energy conservation, I'm locking this thread.