Author Topic: Jaw surgeons in Belgium?  (Read 1406 times)

djsbelgium

Jaw surgeons in Belgium?
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
I’m looking for a jaw surgeon in Belgium with a good eye for aesthetics.

My current surgeon keeps drilling it to me that it’s a functional surgery (with an aesthetic component) which i do understand but i’m afraid he underestimates the aesthetic part. For example he wasn’t keen on answering aesthetic questions such as « would bimax improve cheekbone definition ? ». However i am confident in his abilities. He has 10 years of experience and does 100 surgeries + 50 surgeries as an assistant yearly.

He told me that Belgium is a great country for jaw surgeries. Because insurance covers the procedure, lots of surgeries happen. He said that in Antwerp they do about 300 a year and his practice does about 400 a year. Other hospitals have similar numbers.

I’ve decided to look for a maxillofacial surgeon who is a plastic surgeon as well, in hopes for a better aesthetic importance. I currently have a consultation booked with dr Defrancq but i’m open to other recommendations as well.

I’ve read the name “Gwen Swennen” a few times. He seems to also be a maxillofacial + plastic surgeon. Does anyone have any experience with him ?

I’ve also read about dr Mommaerts but he has mixed reviews on here.