Author Topic: Lower Jaw Expansion Best Options?  (Read 4375 times)

forwardgrowth

Re: Lower Jaw Expansion Best Options?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
If you overexpand your maxilla, you may end up in a world of hurt.

My IMW is 38 expansion is 12mm

Lestat

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 02:00:09 AM »
@ forwardgrowth
That's not Lookism.
Change your profile picture.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2019, 09:40:09 AM »
Oh man, I really, really wanna follow your case carefully because if it can be done it would be the answer to all my intolerable (or barely tolerable) suffering.

The question here that I have is that does your ortho know of your plans to widen the lower? I mean he might only be widening your upper jaw to give you a more width RELATIVE to your current lower jaw width. How are you gonna get him to OVEREXPAND as Plosko mentions to fit a hypothetically-in-the-future lower jaw? Both should be done at the same time or if anything the upper should be done AFTER the lower so I'm just curious what your exact strategy is in this case and how you got the ortho and surgeon who installs the MSE to all get on board?

I definitely wish you luck and am looking forward to your updates. I just have questions and concerns since you're delving in unexplored territory for this forum!

Thank you so much for the support, I just contacted ortho today so I can try to best coordinate it no response yet, I have place locked in for where I can get the MSE done I just need to find mandibular symphyseal distraction osteogenesis providers in the eastcoast area if possible do you know of any? I contacted Mommaerts no response yet

forwardgrowth

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 10:32:31 AM »
I just had a consult with a doc who wrote a bunch of papers about how distraction was the next wave for everything and he turned out to be pretty useless.

David A Walker is the guy's name. I can't believe how pathetic he was. He was old, but he also admitted he had only ever done two lower jaw widening cases and then I was like ahhh f**k off I wouldn't trust you with this anyway so I didn't even bother asking him follow up questions.

I think Mommaerts would do it though. Maybe not the lengthening that this woman is having, but Mommaerts would probably do the widening one for you. I don't know how long this would take i.e. for you to stay in a hospital in belgium and the rest of the logistics. But again, you could consult him over facetime or something.

I have contacted Mommaerts 2x no response and Dr.  Sylvian Chamberland has also declined to help me it appears, Lazlo can docs you recommend to reach out to? many thanks

forwardgrowth

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
Update i have mse at 3mm expanding to 10mm struggling to find docs that can surgically expand lower arch any recommendations, nobody is taking me on  :'(

forwardgrowth

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »
If you overexpand your maxilla, you may end up in a world of hurt.

Why if you were to expand the maxilla gradually?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »

If your jaws are done growing this is not an option.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 06:04:25 PM »

Because the mandible can't be expanded to meet the expansion of the mandible if you end up expanding the maxilla in excess.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »
Because the mandible can't be expanded to meet the expansion of the mandible if you end up expanding the maxilla in excess.

I see and if you can't expand mandible the discrepancy between the upper and jaw lets say its 10mm will lead to ...? bite problems?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2019, 07:07:43 PM »
I see and if you can't expand mandible the discrepancy between the upper and jaw lets say its 10mm will lead to ...? bite problems?

Yes.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
Will wreck your cobdyles

Explain more please , many thanks

forwardgrowth

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »
Yes.

I see so bite problems anything else? many thanks