Author Topic: What do I need for the best aesthetic outcome?  (Read 1827 times)

IconVillage

• Private
Re: What do I need for the best aesthetic outcome?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 08:00:32 PM »
Looks like you had some unrealistic expectations. A good exercise is to morph a photo yourself with photoshop.  See what certain modifications make you look like.  This exercise saved me from getting a genio or a chin wing in my early days of research.

Here are some morphs I did: https://imgur.com/a/D5KjRAT, is this unrealistic with just a large genio?

Out of curiosity, what did you end up getting if not a genio or chinwing?

Lefortitude

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 05:48:17 AM »
that morph shows ur entire mandible being moved forward, not just the chin.

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »
that morph shows ur entire mandible being moved forward, not just the chin.

So what would be the recommended procedure?

ODog

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 02:02:43 PM »
I would say your chin is too retruded for the result you’re looking for: a chin that projects considerably past the bottom lip. You’d need a massive genio for that. It may not be possible with you. There are limits on genios, you probably don’t want to go over 9 mm, and I think a 9 mm genio would only give you a 1:1 profile or close to it which would balance your face a great deal but not give you a he-man projecting chin. You’d also need a chin implant for that prob. Also consider that getting a maximum genio COULD also look odd on your face.

Now, if you get a bi-max with a maximum genio to try to fulfill this goal, your midface retrusion will be more apparent, and that would work against you. Even then, the question becomes could  you even AFFORD a tri-max and lefort 3 with Sinn? And getting all this in one surgery is more humourous than it is realistic.

Do you see now how these limitations affect what you can realistically expect with surgery? That’s why Sinn offered a genio only with a ML3, and Gunson offered a bi-max with a mild genio. They KNOW that you can’t just maximally advance everything, there are trade-offs. 

If it were me and I’m being totally honest, I’d get the bi-max with Gunson but would ask for a slightly stronger genio than what his morph shows. However, I am more tolerable than others here of the relative midface retrusion that would be more apparent with these types of movements, so I may not be the wisest person to get advice from. I simply value a strong lower third (strong as in well-balanced and developed) a little more than the midface area. So I am BIASED.

If you were a friend and I had to recommend a simpler procedure while also taking into account my own biases and not wanting you to take unnecessary risks, I’d recommend getting the genio only but would ask for a strong one, not an overdone one, but just strong.