Author Topic: Consult with Dr Z or Dr B?  (Read 1364 times)

valhalar

Consult with Dr Z or Dr B?
« on: May 20, 2019, 03:36:38 PM »
I want to see Dr. Z but he is so hard to get a reply from - so I am waiting for that. Dr. B's clinic responded quickly with a time I can see him.

I am looking at seeing these surgeons after a maxillofacial surgeon in my country told me to leave my jaws alone since my bite is ok. They don't like to touch them unless you have a really bad case. From my reading on this forum I think traditional jaw surgery might produce the best results aesthetically, however I am not sure a simple BSSO and SG will suffice and I may need full bimax as my teeth already align and I can't see how I could buck out the top ones enough to make room for a lower mandible advancement.

I want to see Dr Z. so he can say for sure that a traditional surgery would produce a better result or a chin wing might be suitable. I want honesty about where the best results lie. He can also instruct on the type of BSSO in case you want a CW later.

I understand Dr Z gets you to do a cone beam first at a nearby clinic. Is this the case with Dr B or do they do it in clinic?

I ultimately would prefer to go to Germany if I was to have a procedure done due to the overall lower cost of hospital stay vs Switzerland. If anyone has any information about whether I should bother seeing B that would be great.

valhalar

Re: Consult with Dr Z or Dr B?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
Update, read another members bad experience with Dr. B and I am slightly put off: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,7512.0.html

Perhaps the Chin Wing is just a mess of a procedure.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »
There was about guy here a couple of years ago who had terrible nerve damage from a Z CW.

swissguy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 12:33:39 AM »
Depending on which surgery you get, you dont need to stay in the hospital at all.

Lefortitude

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
I want to see Dr. Z but he is so hard to get a reply from - so I am waiting for that. Dr. B's clinic responded quickly with a time I can see him.

I am looking at seeing these surgeons after a maxillofacial surgeon in my country told me to leave my jaws alone since my bite is ok. They don't like to touch them unless you have a really bad case. From my reading on this forum I think traditional jaw surgery might produce the best results aesthetically, however I am not sure a simple BSSO and SG will suffice and I may need full bimax as my teeth already align and I can't see how I could buck out the top ones enough to make room for a lower mandible advancement.

I want to see Dr Z. so he can say for sure that a traditional surgery would produce a better result or a chin wing might be suitable. I want honesty about where the best results lie. He can also instruct on the type of BSSO in case you want a CW later.

I understand Dr Z gets you to do a cone beam first at a nearby clinic. Is this the case with Dr B or do they do it in clinic?

I ultimately would prefer to go to Germany if I was to have a procedure done due to the overall lower cost of hospital stay vs Switzerland. If anyone has any information about whether I should bother seeing B that would be great.

So I flew to europe a few years ago and had a consultation with both. 

Dr Z was challenging to contact. I had to keep calling and asking if they spoke english and they kept telling me to call back later, until i got him on the phone finally and got a consult scheduled.
Dr B (Brusco, a colleague of A. Triaca who revived the chin wing osteotomy) was much easier to get a hold of.  He offered me a complementary skype consult and gave me his undivided attention for a reasonable amount of time.  It was not the slightest bit rushed.  I was looking forward to the consults and had a difficult decision to make. 

Z practices both surgeries and ended up being my choice based on the results he showed me in the consultation. The price point is also excellent for his surgery fees, anesthesia and stay at the havelklinik.  The results he showed me were very good.  He recommended I not do bimax because my bite is fine (same as yours) and my TMJS are healthy.  iI had records taken at Mesantis Berlin (~200 euros? i dont remember).  They werent that great at mesantis but we got the xrays we needed.

B offered to take more xrays (i believe they are taken in house at his office, its quite high tech) but when I showed him the ones i took at Mesantis he said these are exactly what he needed and didnt need to take anymore. 

B had a really nice office at pyramid Klinik. He showed me some chin wing results, which I really did not like.  The aesthetic was pretty bad. Looked like a bunch of recessed jaws with abnormally wide mandibles.

I asked about bimax at this point and he recommended a Clockwise rotation, which further scared me off.

B gave me a morph for a small fee, which confirmed that this (chin wing) was not the procedure for me.

valhalar

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »
So I flew to europe a few years ago and had a consultation with both. 

Dr Z was challenging to contact. I had to keep calling and asking if they spoke english and they kept telling me to call back later, until i got him on the phone finally and got a consult scheduled.
Dr B (Brusco, a colleague of A. Triaca who revived the chin wing osteotomy) was much easier to get a hold of.  He offered me a complementary skype consult and gave me his undivided attention for a reasonable amount of time.  It was not the slightest bit rushed.  I was looking forward to the consults and had a difficult decision to make. 

Z practices both surgeries and ended up being my choice based on the results he showed me in the consultation. The price point is also excellent for his surgery fees, anesthesia and stay at the havelklinik.  The results he showed me were very good.  He recommended I not do bimax because my bite is fine (same as yours) and my TMJS are healthy.  iI had records taken at Mesantis Berlin (~200 euros? i dont remember).  They werent that great at mesantis but we got the xrays we needed.

B offered to take more xrays (i believe they are taken in house at his office, its quite high tech) but when I showed him the ones i took at Mesantis he said these are exactly what he needed and didnt need to take anymore. 

B had a really nice office at pyramid Klinik. He showed me some chin wing results, which I really did not like.  The aesthetic was pretty bad. Looked like a bunch of recessed jaws with abnormally wide mandibles.

I asked about bimax at this point and he recommended a Clockwise rotation, which further scared me off.

B gave me a morph for a small fee, which confirmed that this (chin wing) was not the procedure for me.

Thanks for shedding light. I actually managed to get a booking with Z and have decided against seeing B based on what others said.

Just have to find out if CW could possibly do the trick for me or if a proper BSSO/genio would produce a better aesthetic result. I assume you meant you opted for a BSSO or bimax with Z?

Regarding the cone-beam CT, would I be able to get one in my own country rather than in Berlin? Since you said you didn't feel they were that good. I wonder if doing one in my different country will still provide the same information. There are plenty of Cone Beam CT suppliers, and I would assume it'll show Z the same thing since its just a 3D CT of both jaws?

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 06:04:31 AM »
Thanks for shedding light. I actually managed to get a booking with Z and have decided against seeing B based on what others said.

Just have to find out if CW could possibly do the trick for me or if a proper BSSO/genio would produce a better aesthetic result. I assume you meant you opted for a BSSO or bimax with Z?

Regarding the cone-beam CT, would I be able to get one in my own country rather than in Berlin? Since you said you didn't feel they were that good. I wonder if doing one in my different country will still provide the same information. There are plenty of Cone Beam CT suppliers, and I would assume it'll show Z the same thing since its just a 3D CT of both jaws?

I opted for bimax but not with dr z. 

If youre getting xrays done elsewehere make sure dr z specifies exactly what kind of xrays he needs.