Author Topic: Good chin wing result  (Read 1564 times)

ODog

Good chin wing result
« on: June 01, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »
The first B/A (female) is good CW result IMO, in terms widening the posterior jaw/ lowering the jaw angles. I’m not referring to frontal chin projection and/ or lengthening; strictly talking about the “side wing” dimension.

The face looks a fair bit more square, the jawline less steep both on front and profile view. This is not really a “small” change; I’d be happy with a result like this personally. Subtle, but effective, and your own bone is used.

I’ve heard many comment that the CW doesn’t give sharp, square angles; that may be true if you’re looking for a savage jawline, but the “after” photos here certainly show a squarer face.

The second B/A (male) again shows a wider jaw, but it only looks more “square” on the left side, but that may be due to his starting point (the right side of his jaw pre-op was also more rounded than the left).

I’m LESS sure that this is a good result; the jaw angles seem lowered but I’m not sure it’s made him more “attractive,” just different looking. I’m not sure why that is... maybe because the vertical drop-down  blunted his V-shape and gave him more of a U shape.. or maybe it’s because the rounded right side is disturbing the gestalt.

Thoughts?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Good chin wing result
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
which doctor did these? yes they're good results. were they done in conjunction with bi-max or are these chin wings on their own.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 10:53:49 PM »
which doctor did these? yes they're good results. were they done in conjunction with bi-max or are these chin wings on their own.

These are the results of dr. Z.

You can find them on his website:
https://gesichtschirurgie-berlin.com/patientenbeispiele/

ODog

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 11:46:28 PM »

The girl had a lefort and chin wing. Maybe her impaction (gummy smile) added to the jaw widening effect.

The guy had bi-max plus chin wing, doesn’t look like he had a gummy smile so the sharper goinal angle came from the CW. Not a bad profile result either, it’s just not as dramatic as a jaw implant because there’s not that thick density you’d get with an implant, but the upside is the result is natural. I can live with a result like this.

ODog

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 11:49:06 PM »
These are the results of dr. Z.

You can find them on his website:
https://gesichtschirurgie-berlin.com/patientenbeispiele/

Yes, thanks for posting the link.

So we now know what the CW can achieve and what it’s limitations are: the jaw angles can definitely be lowered but you probably won’t get an eye-popping result like you would with implant, but more along the lines of what a proper CCW-r would achieve. You won’t get a robust model jawline. This is fine with me.

The question now is, should I get a ZO with Dr. Z in the same surgery? I haven’t seen B/A’s from him.

One concern I have is how does he usually handle infraorbital rim recession? Does he use HA paste in this area like M.M or does he just leave it? Does anyone know?? Apparently MM will do the ZSO and then separately add HA paste for the orbital rims if indicated. But I’ve heard cautionary things about him on this forum. So I’d like to hear Z’s take on this.

Another concern is the low feminine cheek look. I guess I won’t find out the validity of this until I consult with him in a few months. Unless anyone has any new info on this?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:06:50 AM by ODog »

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 12:45:12 AM »
Just my 2 cents but when I look at your face I see strong, rugged features. Any asymmetry you have is within the normal range and I don’t think your mandibular plane is overly steep.

Your issue, insofar as you have any issue, is your submental area when you aren’t mewing, so I’d focus on that. Finding a way to tighten that up would be a SUREFIRE way to maintain/improve your already awesome aesthetic. I see the CW in your case as a risky procedure with dubious aesthetic upside. Most guys would already kill for your jaw.

By all means do what you want, but I see the CW here as a gateway to the revision treadmill whereas tightening your submental area would give a guaranteed benefit.

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »
I told him the same thing. Its probably prudent advice.

ODog

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 07:40:29 PM »
Just my 2 cents but when I look at your face I see strong, rugged features. Any asymmetry you have is within the normal range and I don’t think your mandibular plane is overly steep.

Your issue, insofar as you have any issue, is your submental area when you aren’t mewing, so I’d focus on that. Finding a way to tighten that up would be a SUREFIRE way to maintain/improve your already awesome aesthetic. I see the CW in your case as a risky procedure with dubious aesthetic upside. Most guys would already kill for your jaw.

By all means do what you want, but I see the CW here as a gateway to the revision treadmill whereas tightening your submental area would give a guaranteed benefit.

Thanks man but I wanted to get a ZO and figured the CW would be a good additional procedure. I do feel my midface is an issue. I mean I think I’d benefit if it wasn’t completely flat. A little cheekbone bump out would draw attention away from my midface which is just too flat, especially when I relax my face. The CW was just something else I was thinking to do additionally.