Author Topic: Nose changes-posterier impaction  (Read 789 times)

cambree

Nose changes-posterier impaction
« on: June 03, 2019, 06:16:10 AM »
Apologies as I understand we have had numerous threads on related concerns come up but my situation is specific to posterier impaction which translates to a clockwise rotation I believe . While I think there is general consensus that advancement and maybe to a lesser degree anterior impaction has the potential to tip the nose up and make the nose wider and more flared at the base, I could find very little information on the possible impact of CW rotation on the nose. Just visualizing this leads me to believe there is some potential for the tip/Columella to drop following this movement but my surgeon adamantly says no, that is not within the realm of possibility. Going into the surgery I already had a somewhat droopy tip and was very concerned that following the jaw surgery , the hooked appearance would be made more pronounced and now a month out of the procedure, I do think it looks like my tip had dropped a little bit . weirdly enough I specifically looked out for this immediately post op and did not really notice a visible deterioration of the tip position until 2 weeks post op. I know as the swelling resolves and the ratios , proportions change ever so slightly every day, some changes that might not be fully apparent at first are now drawn into focus. I tried to search the literature and did read about a case where the nose acquired a hanging Columella after impaction because of over zealous anterior nasal spine contouring .

I had 8mm posterior impaction , 4mm anterior impaction and 2mm advancement

did anyone go through anything similar?

wigglewiggle

Re: Nose changes-posterier impaction
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 11:31:59 AM »
Interesting question - anyone care to share some input?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »
Nose changes would be attributable to the anterior impaction and advancement because they are at base of nose and not posterior impaction.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

wigglewiggle

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 03:34:03 PM »
Nose changes would be attributable to the anterior impaction and advancement because they are at base of nose and not posterior impaction.

By anterior impaction do you mean overall impaction including vertical impacting resulting from CCW or just plainly how much of the anterior was cut out?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »
By anterior impaction do you mean overall impaction including vertical impacting resulting from CCW or just plainly how much of the anterior was cut out?

The effects of the impaction and also the advancement of the maxilla will be seen where the displacements are CLOSER to the NOSE BASE.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.