Author Topic: Weak and recessed lower jaw-health problems.  (Read 15613 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Weak and recessed lower jaw-health problems.
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2019, 09:44:05 PM »
All surgeons agreed i will need 2 mm Upper jaw advancment. Which i guess is good.

'All surgeons' is inconsistent with your saying your home town surgeon suggested SINGLE JAW surgery. So, hard to make anything out of the info you relay. I give up.

You know what...you should get a job with one of those intel agencies known for scrambling the flow of information so that all is a moving target where no information can be PINNED DOWN.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Dutcherhatcher

• Private
Re: Weak and recessed lower jaw-health problems.
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2019, 10:52:57 PM »
Here is a quote of mine from another thread (on the educational section):

Also, the operative word in your statement is 'MY', 'my surgeon'. Perhaps, just semantics, but he's not 'your' surgeon unless you've pre-selected him over the others you consulted with.

I agree with that you wrote and also made the connection. I had a feeling in some small part you were refearing to my case. Both the act of me running around the world with braces and consulting with surgeons when I am already in braces, with each surgeon  refearing to the situation as it is now developing.

In an ideal case I would go to the surgeons w a virgin mouth. As for the commuinication between ortho and surgeon, I wrote a more detailed post for April where I show my thoughts.You are absouloutly right. For now he is "a" surgeon, not "my" surgeon.

You remind me of me. Things felt 'wrong' and I was getting very frustrated with the lack of communication from quite early on in the process, and how I was doing all the work for them. It was a red flag I didn't think to give enough attention to. I would advise you to be careful - if you think it's lack of communication from your ortho specifically, transfer to a new one.
The situation is not that good looking. So far, the usual ortho my surgeon works with refused to treat me citing me an "impossible" case. Now the second ortho that i was referrred to and agreed to work with me decided to tell me after almost a year that we need to double my time in braces and that the maximum movement of movement that is 6-5 and we agreed to it from the start.
This is a complete lie, we agreed to 8-9. That is what i think you would call a red flag
Not only that, but i was the one who had to break the news to the local surgeon. He was shocked. Another red flag
How did he not know that? Why did they not communicate for 2 months? Why is she moving the surgery goalpost by herself? What would have happened had i been a "run of the mill" patient and just went along with the flow. I am very mad right now and feel as if i am being played around.
I would like to hear what happpened to you April, via here or PM.

'All surgeons' is inconsistent with your saying your home town surgeon suggested SINGLE JAW surgery. So, hard to make anything out of the info you relay. I give up.

You know what...you should get a job with one of those intel agencies known for scrambling the flow of information so that all is a moving target where no information can be PINNED DOWN.

Haha, i am very very sorry. I was just very mad and confused for the last few days so i just scrambled everything. Let me try one more time make a much more constructed post without wasting youe time.

I finally realised why you advocated that the best patient is an educated one that can ask the proper question without wasting the surgeon time and that is also able to make the correct, educated decision. I am trying to follow that philosophy and believe i have a much better understanding now.
What i meant was that all the surgeons who raised the option of CCW, also said that i would need a 2mm upper jaw advancment as well, so that seems good.
I have a few other questions such as how those same surgeons are going to do a CCW when my mandibular plane is 22 and occlusal plane 5, but those are not question you need to answer, but rather the surgeons who made those plans, since i now feel my questions are much more appropriate.
Sorry again you had to read my rumbling.