Author Topic: Might Need to Take Implants Out and do Surgery...  (Read 6664 times)

eastcoastian1

Might Need to Take Implants Out and do Surgery...
« on: August 26, 2019, 06:00:20 AM »
Hi everyone...

Had jaw/chin out in a few years ago and for the most part, have loved the look. That said, I knew I was camouflaging my actual jaw/bite issues but felt they weren’t bad enough where I’d run into any trouble.

Well I’m now starting to notice it looks like my bite, for whatever reason, is starting to shift badly and quickly.....particularly my maxilla seems to be turning lopsided. This really started becoming obvious really just within the last month or so, which makes me wonder if a condyle has dissolved or something.

Attached are some pics only a few months apart. You’ll see the now major discrepancy with the bite.

First two are just a few months ago and last one is current.

https://imgur.com/a/wUWkcc0

Post bimax

• Private
Re: Might Need to Take Implants Out and do Surgery...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:13:30 AM »
I’m confused about what you had done. We need a better description of what operation you had. We also need more pictures from different angles.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:19:22 AM »
Had a full custom wrap around jaw implant put in. From the side I think I’m fine. It’s the bite that has become really bad.

Just loaded some side pics to the same link.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:09:04 AM »
Implants should not change your bite.  If it has, something has likely gone terribly wrong. Id go see an expert about it ASAP

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:14:28 AM »
Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on there. Implants should have no impact on the bite. How old are you? You look like you are past the normal stage for jaw growth so I’m very surprised to see your bite is changing.

You need to see an ortho/maxfax to see what is going on. I don’t think it can be determined via self-taken photos alone.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 08:32:01 AM »
Yeah the odd thing I’m just seeing the bite change dramatically within the last few months. I’ve always had bite issues and TMJ but I’ve never seen this extreme a change. I’m wondering if perhaps one of my condyles has dissolved.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 08:34:57 AM »
Well your maxilla would never "turn lopsided" under any circumstance. It's fused to your skull. The mandible could if your joints are deteriorating.

It's also possible you are looking at things more and starting to notice things that were always there.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 10:15:15 AM »
I'm having problems with my X-ray vision today and can't see your condyles.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 11:56:07 AM »
Well your maxilla would never "turn lopsided" under any circumstance. It's fused to your skull. The mandible could if your joints are deteriorating.

It's also possible you are looking at things more and starting to notice things that were always there.

Interesting....I thought the maxilla could shift just as bad as the mandible. As you can see in the photos, for whatever reason, everything looks like it’s is getting titled.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »
Interesting....I thought the maxilla could shift just as bad as the mandible. As you can see in the photos, for whatever reason, everything looks like it’s is getting titled.

Not if you're done growing. It fuses to the base of the skull. The teeth can move and maybe give that illusion, but I'd say that's unlikely with anything close to normal occlusion.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
Not if you're done growing. It fuses to the base of the skull. The teeth can move and maybe give that illusion, but I'd say that's unlikely with anything close to normal occlusion.

Then I wonder if something is happening with the mandible to give the appearance of a drastic upper jaw tilt/shift......like the right side shifting up and left side shifting down.

april

• Private
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »
Yeah, best bet is to see an expert because they'll know what to look for and how to assess it.  Make sure you bring along any previous records you have, any bite photos, xrays and cbct scans so they can compare them to your current state.

I had a bite change these past few months too and it happened with pain on one side. I have a history of this sort of thing though. Do you have pain? What are your current tmj symptoms?

eastcoastian1

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »
Yeah, best bet is to see an expert because they'll know what to look for and how to assess it.  Make sure you bring along any previous records you have, any bite photos, xrays and cbct scans so they can compare them to your current state.

I had a bite change these past few months too and it happened with pain on one side. I have a history of this sort of thing though. Do you have pain? What are your current tmj symptoms?

Really bad clicking on the right side whenever I open my mouth and especially pronounced if I move jaw forward. But that’s been the case for a while.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »
I should probably also mention I got a couple centers on my front two teeth back in May. Truly hope that didn’t mess everything up.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 02:32:17 PM »
I should probably also mention I got a couple centers on my front two teeth back in May. Truly hope that didn’t mess everything up.

What are centers?