Author Topic: Insurer Declined My Jaw Surgery Based on Sleep Study Results; Need Alternatives  (Read 1444 times)

Kadath

• Private
Unfortunately, my sleep study came back negative for "obstructive sleep apnea" despite reports, scans, and other material showing I have a very narrow airway that makes it especially difficult to breathe through my nose. I especially wake up at night multiple times when sleeping on my back, and yet for some reason the sleep study came back "normal." https://imgur.com/a/wUaFSVx

I really don't know how else to get my insurer to cover my jaw surgery, so that said, are there good functional and aesthetic surgeons in the southern california area that can both remedy my compromised airways, improve my breathing, and provide an excellent aesthetic result with lefort and bsso? Obviously since I am now considering going out of pocket, I have to consider cost but I don't want to go for the cheapest guy out there either. I know Gunson is in SB, but his wait list is long.

wigglewiggle

I saw in another post that you have decided to have your surgery in Europe - May I ask why? And did you have a consultation with Dr. Gunson?