Author Topic: Very recessed jaws (maxilla+mandible), what do you think?  (Read 2585 times)

StudyHacks

Re: Very recessed jaws (maxilla+mandible), what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »
Alright thank you very much

Just to clarify: When you say "ceph" that means "cephalograph" and that means 3D-CT scan basically right? Or what scan do I need to have done?

StudyHacks

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
Btw how do I put the photos side-by-side? I'd love to do that right now

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
Coz I'm not knowledgable so I need it, thank you

This is a very big difference from being 100% sure on exactly what displacements are needed and even having the numbers figured out.
The key why you need x-rays is to know if it's only an aesthetic concern, or if there are medical issues or reasons as well. If you have a class II bite or something else, a bimax may be needed. But as Kavan said, if it all ends up to resolve to aesthetic concern about your chin, there are very impressive results with genio plasty or similar. You don't want to get into a big procedure if it isn't needed, and you don't want to get into an aesthetic only procedure, if a big procedure is needed. That's what you'll be able to see on an x-ray.

StudyHacks

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 02:24:38 PM »
Alright I understand, thank you, but this guy who told me all this told me that basically both of my jaws are recessed quite severely, but mostly the mandible. He said I have a very short mandible because it's recessed and I could get that long mandible that every attractive guy has by getting bimax (BSSO regarding the mandible, specifically)

He said that from the front it's obvious my jaws are recessed https://imgur.com/a/XRWGB4w

He said I should have the circled-in area fully hollow if my jaws weren't recessed

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »
Alright thank you very much

Just to clarify: When you say "ceph" that means "cephalograph" and that means 3D-CT scan basically right? Or what scan do I need to have done?

A ceph/cephalograph is an X ray that shows some soft tissue also.  It's not a 3D-CT scan. Basic thing to look at here is the ceph.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 02:48:15 PM »
Btw how do I put the photos side-by-side? I'd love to do that right now

It's something you should already know how to do if you're going to morph. It's not something I need to teach you how to do.

StudyHacks

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 04:12:44 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/ZpOVKgp

That isn't the 'same size'. Sorry BUT one has to bring some comprehension skills to the table. If not, I won't 'fill in' every understanding GAP someone has.

Here's a morph laid out the right way.

Excess space is cropped, extraneous background clutter is blacked out to show the profile, then an exact copy is placed beside it and the morph is done on the copy.

I think you can 'aesthetically survive' WITHOUT bimax. So, I won't be opining on bimax details here.

StudyHacks

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »
Thank you for the morph. Anyway I do not like the morph of me only getting chin augmentation. If this makes sense, I'd like to have a long mandible like this guy : https://imgur.com/a/ouklaFI

But then of course my midface hypoplasia (retruded maxilla) should also be fixed by moving it forward to be symmetrical to the mandible and also, as I was told, to create space for the zygos as, as you can see, I have no "forward cheekbones". I'd like to have forward cheekbones but I was told I don't have them as the maxilla's retrusion has caged in not only my mandible but has also prevented my zygos from being forward grown, in the guy's words, literally

It seems to be if I want to be really, really good looking, and obviously I'm never gonna be MM tier and that's fine, I'd need to fix both my lower third and my midface.

I find my lips to be way too narrow, as well, as in: the mouth / palate is very narrow compared to the jaw width.

Edit: Btw, I'm wondering if my maxilla is changed surgically, would that also "automatically" improve my eye area, so the orbitals? I have no idea why I have this weird eye area where the eyes are narrow enough but not wide enough, and my under-eye area seems to be really lacking.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 04:27:00 PM »
Thank you for the morph. Anyway I do not like the morph of me only getting chin augmentation. If this makes sense, I'd like to have a long mandible like this guy : https://imgur.com/a/ouklaFI

But then of course my midface hypoplasia (retruded maxilla) should also be fixed by moving it forward to be symmetrical to the mandible and also, as I was told, to create space for the zygos as, as you can see, I have no "forward cheekbones". I'd like to have forward cheekbones but I was told I don't have them as the maxilla's retrusion has caged in not only my mandible but has also prevented my zygos from being forward grown, in the guy's words, literally

It seems to be if I want to be really, really good looking, and obviously I'm never gonna be MM tier and that's fine, I'd need to fix both my lower third and my midface.

I find my lips to be way too narrow, as well, as in: the mouth / palate is very narrow compared to the jaw width.

I think you need to go back to go back to low IQ land or Lookism. Focus session ENDED.

StudyHacks

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm trying to improve my aesthetics and you're rejecting me... why?

Basically 'Im asking for help politely, what exactly is your issue?

Okay, let's focus on one thing: Mandible and maxilla. So basically, if the chin augmentation isn't enough to create a long mandible (which your morph has shown to be the case),  which surgical procedure could elongate my maxilla and mandible the way that all attractive guys seeem to have them?

Essentially my hypothesis is that if I fix my jaws' recession I'll be much, much more good looking just by the fixing of the jaws' recession.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:46:05 PM by StudyHacks »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm trying to improve my aesthetics and you're rejecting me... why?

Basically 'Im asking for help politely, what exactly is your issue?

Okay, let's focus on one thing: Mandible and maxilla. So basically, if the chin augmentation isn't enough to create a long mandible (which your morph has shown to be the case),  which surgical procedure could elongate my maxilla and mandible the way that all attractive guys seeem to have them?

I'm not going to 'spoon feed' you. When I see someone is lacking in basic comprehension skills where you  couldn't even figure out 'same size' and posted 2 photos where one head size was BIGGER,  all explanations STOP there.  Why? Because the person needs to bring to the table very basic comprehension skills for me to go into ANY more details.  So, no more focus session here with me. Whether or not you like the morph, at least you were shown HOW to lay one out. Also, I'm not advising bimax for you and my advice stops relative to my suggestions. However, if someone else suggests bimax for you, I have no objections with their spoon feeding everything you need to know to look like a MM.

StudyHacks

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2019, 04:52:17 PM »
You didn't pay attention. I never said I wanted to look like an MM since I lack the genetics for that. I know I'm never going to look like one and that's fine. My goal is to be very good looking, but that doesn't mean I'll ever look like an MM coz that's out of the realm of reality for me.

But, if I fix my morph (the way you told me to do it in detail), will you be answering my questions?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
You didn't pay attention. I never said I wanted to look like an MM since I lack the genetics for that. I know I'm never going to look like one and that's fine. My goal is to be very good looking, but that doesn't mean I'll ever look like an MM coz that's out of the realm of reality for me.

But, if I fix my morph (the way you told me to do it in detail), will you be answering my questions?

NO.

StudyHacks