Author Topic: What does a Chin Wing Osteotomy do vs a Traditional Genio?  (Read 5023 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: What does a Chin Wing Osteotomy do vs a Traditional Genio?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 09:30:05 AM »
Looks like a jaw surgery case. Terrible lip posture.

Ya, it just looks like it exaggerated what looks like some 'lantern chin' going on.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

StudyHacks

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 09:58:29 AM »
Ősi római szobor vagyok a Scarbantia-ból.
Értettem Mester ;D

I don't think you need cw. Your golonial angle seems ok.
I've read 120 degrees is ideal and mine isn't 120 degrees as far as I know. But ok.

Anyway do you think I'd get that side profile (provided in the morph) with a bimax? I've consulted with Eppley and he said I couldn't make my mandible more forward projected with a bimax. That goes against everything I've read about jaws recession and the fixing thereof.

ben from UK

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 10:23:37 AM »
Értettem Mester ;D
I've read 120 degrees is ideal and mine isn't 120 degrees as far as I know. But ok.

Anyway do you think I'd get that side profile (provided in the morph) with a bimax? I've consulted with Eppley and he said I couldn't make my mandible more forward projected with a bimax. That goes against everything I've read about jaws recession and the fixing thereof.

I don't know. I don't know why Eppley said that. He probably wants to sell you and implant or something like that.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
Értettem Mester ;D

Örülök, hogy azt tudod.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 07:25:46 AM »
Örülök, hogy azt tudod.

Just spotted all the Hungarian jokes! It so happens that I am Hungarian, even though I have not lived there since childhood, but I speak the language. The reason I am mentioning it is that I have actually been considering whether I should get my double jaw surgery done there. I am sure it would be a lot cheaper than the other options I am considering (UK, Germany, Spain).

I am just worried that the doctors in Hungary might not have much experience with this type of surgery, seeing it is a small country and they probably do not see that many cases, might not use the latest technology etc. Still, if you or anybody happens to know a maxillofacial surgeon in Hungary they can recommend, I would be grateful for the suggestion!

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »
Just spotted all the Hungarian jokes! It so happens that I am Hungarian, even though I have not lived there since childhood, but I speak the language. The reason I am mentioning it is that I have actually been considering whether I should get my double jaw surgery done there. I am sure it would be a lot cheaper than the other options I am considering (UK, Germany, Spain).

I am just worried that the doctors in Hungary might not have much experience with this type of surgery, seeing it is a small country and they probably do not see that many cases, might not use the latest technology etc. Still, if you or anybody happens to know a maxillofacial surgeon in Hungary they can recommend, I would be grateful for the suggestion!

Dental work was certainly cheaper, advanced and of excellent quality for  before 1989. Thing was that the low cost was due to exchange rates where Western currency would buy a lot more during Communism. People from all over Europe, especially Germany and Austria would flock there for dental work. So, there is precedent for good dental. It's 'a small country' due to loss of much territory after 2 world wars. Austria-Hungary was once a large empire and there is precedent for medical advances. However, no idea who the top maxfax guys are there. Just know that department of Maxillofacial Surgery at Semmelweis University and doctors there have handled serious cases and teach about maxfax surgery. Semmelweis University is a medical and health science university that's 250 years old.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 10:51:21 AM »
Just know that department of Maxillofacial Surgery at Semmelweis University and doctors there have handled serious cases and teach about maxfax surgery. Semmelweis University is a medical and health science university that's 250 years old.

Thanks for your input, you gave me some food for thought! Will contact the university this week and if anything comes out of it, will share it on the forum.