Author Topic: Is fillers losing sharpness over time (in the first month for me)avoidable?  (Read 1556 times)

StudyHacks

I got fillers in my jaw and chin, now 2 months post injections the gonial angles aren't sharp any more. Instead of looking sharp, it looks "bulky" if that makes sense.

Does this happen in every case and is it preventable, or what can I do about it?

ben from UK

Re: Is fillers losing sharpness over time (in the first month for me)avoidable?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »
I got fillers in my jaw and chin, now 2 months post injections the gonial angles aren't sharp any more. Instead of looking sharp, it looks "bulky" if that makes sense.

Does this happen in every case and is it preventable, or what can I do about it?
Fillers tend to drop over time, espesially in areas that move, like the jaw with the masseter.

Permanent fillers might be an alternative, but it's dangerous if these aren't microdrops, and mahbe they tend to drop as well (but not sure).

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:59:50 PM »
Fillers lose their 'edge' over time. They look nice and sharp the same day they are put in but not so much as time goes on. Nothing you can do about because that's what happens with them.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ben from UK

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »
Fillers lose their 'edge' over time. They look nice and sharp the same day they are put in but not so much as time goes on. Nothing you can do about because that's what happens with them.

Permanent fillers as well?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 06:47:28 PM »
Permanent fillers as well?

A large bolus of perm filler can get infected many years later. That was problem with bio-alcamid. Micro drop silicone is for less than 1 CC. Some docs wont even put in more than 1/2 cc at a time. It's not meant to build up large areas like chin and jaw.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

StudyHacks

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »
Fillers tend to drop over time, espesially in areas that move, like the jaw with the masseter.

Permanent fillers might be an alternative, but it's dangerous if these aren't microdrops, and mahbe they tend to drop as well (but not sure).
So basically the only way to "solve" this issue would be to just keep getting touch-ups every 2 months, 0.5ml fillers after the first injection (which was 3ml in both sides of the jaw so 6ml in total)?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:12:01 PM by StudyHacks »