Author Topic: Looking for anyone who has used dr. Behrman@weill Cornell, New York,NY  (Read 3176 times)

Mama

Horrifying.

ArtVandelay

• Private
Re: Looking for anyone who has used dr. Behrman@weill Cornell, New York,NY
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »
It looks like I'm the only one who mentioned having surgery with him here.

Other than that it appears someone else only mentioned in passing that they consulted with him. He's not mentioned elsewhere as far as I can tell.

Mama

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 06:27:18 PM »
Well...I guess MANY of his disgruntled patients chose to write their horrifying experiences on "RATEMDS.com".  He is all over that site and it's not pretty!

ben from UK

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 10:58:43 PM »
Always keep away from surgeons that do alot of marketing. These are usually the worst surgeons with no ethics, only thinking about money. Eppley for example, is a good salesman and a (very) bad surgeon.

ben from UK

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 11:00:40 PM »
Well...I guess MANY of his disgruntled patients chose to write their horrifying experiences on "RATEMDS.com".  He is all over that site and it's not pretty!

Don't forget alot of reviews on the net are written by the business.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 04:13:35 PM »
Always keep away from surgeons that do alot of marketing. These are usually the worst surgeons with no ethics, only thinking about money. Eppley for example, is a good salesman and a (very) bad surgeon.

This guy does no marketing. I'd say its the exact opposite, he feels anything besides surgery is beneath him. For example after my surgery he refused to speak with me and sent out a first year resident instead.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »
This guy does no marketing. I'd say its the exact opposite, he feels anything besides surgery is beneath him. For example after my surgery he refused to speak with me and sent out a first year resident instead.

Maybe he was embarrassed by his work. You had a bad result, right?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »
Maybe he was embarrassed by his work. You had a bad result, right?

Yes definitely bad result, 4 out of 5 surgeons said a revision is needed, the one guy who didn't was nearby and think has some relationship with him (performs his surgeries at the same hospital).

You mean he was embarrassed to see me? That's still inexcusable, I had plenty of questions and the first year resident was useless in answering them and couldn't address any specifics.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
Don't forget alot of reviews on the net are written by the business.

She's referring to negative reviews here. Although there are some positive ones that look possibly fake to me.

Considering all the lawsuits filed against him coupled with the way he disappears after surgery I'm not surprised. He rides the coattails of a big name hospital to lend himself credibility and for some reason seems to have some pull in the NYC dental community.

I don't want to hijack this thread with my specific case, wrote plenty about it already.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:03:59 PM by ArtVandelay »

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 09:59:39 PM »

His bad reviews go back to 2006: https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/48578/Dr-David-Behrman-NEW+YORK-NY.html?page=2

His uncle was the previous head of that department, should have left someone more qualified in charge.