Author Topic: I had chin wing Osteotomy done and it has ruined me I think, what should I do...  (Read 12145 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Day 4
Bandage came off
My face looks very bloated and felt heavy like gravity is pulling me down
My muscles in my legs have turned cake soft probably because i can barely eat anything
My lip ulcers have quadrupled in siZe, I m going to Ask for a cream tomorrow when I go to the clinic where my surgery was performed

By the end of the night
My jaw on the right side started hurting, surgeon says on WhatsApp that it may be due to the bone moving around and hitting the nerves a bit ....

Was the bandage supposed to come off on day #4?  Compression bandages usually are kept on for about a week and kind of help 'push' the swelling back in.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:07:45 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator
I asked him to allow me to put it back on again today as the pain was bad
So he says do it but don’t make it too tight as he had 2 other patients who had put it on and it made their chin develop scar tissue

WHO took the bandage off and HOW LONG was it supposed to be on there.  Answer those questions.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:07:58 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Surgeon told me that the bandage wrapped around my head to reduce swelling was not necessary after day 3 so on day 4 I had to take bandage wrapped around my head off myself at home in the morning but then by night put it back on due to right side jaw pain

hmmm....the whole first week is MASSIVE SWELLING and the bandage also helps to prevent things moving around too much.  Bandage is like BONDAGE to limit freedom of movement and hold things in place.

Lazlo

• Private
I wouldn't worry about not having a bandage. There are tons of people who don't even have bandages after chin osteotomy or jaw surgery. The f**king screws are in place.

You look fine. You're going to have swelling for weeks if not months so just relax. You can always have another genioplasty again to augment and lengthen further but right now you look balanced and you need to stop visiting this site and stop worrying. f**king enjoy yourself bro. Your mind is driving itself crazy. Breathe, calm down, relax and watch tv etc. Just relax every day that passes and every week you're keep feeling and looking better.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:08:10 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator
OK, dude. That's it for you.  I'm giving you a TIME OUT (temp ban). Grounds: Freak outs of yours resulting into taking EXTRA anti-biotics NOT prescribed.

Putting a photo of your chin work with a MASK over it. How stupid is that?

I'm sorry but these extremely LOW IQ posts of yours where your freak outs risk endangering YOURSELF. I'm needing a break from your stupidity.  10 day TIME OUT for you.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:45:07 PM by GJ »

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:08:51 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Lower face looking 'square' is what a lot of guys like. For comparison, you need to put BEFORE photos up too.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:09:03 AM by tryintorecover »

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:09:14 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator
chin is not really recessive and chin wings don't do anything to the cheeks. If it 'ruined' you, then show before photos where you feel you looked better.

Lazlo

• Private
yeah i'm sorry bud. people here are kind, they won't steal your photos or anything. or post in the PRIVATE SECtiON. Post some photos of you before in profile and frontal without any sort of black marker or mustache etc. Just lose all that stuff we need to see your whole face. And beside show us pics of how you look now again without the facial hair and marker. You're going to have to reveal yourself to get an honest opinion. And we will give you an HONEST opinion. It's possible you look fine and the look will improve. But it is also possible you may need a re-do. I can't tell yet.

InvisalignOnly

You mentioned in the beginning you used to be bullied for your looks. Looking at your before picture, I can't imagine anybody ever bullying you for your looks - you looked perfectly normal and you still look normal now. I am a woman and my face is 'non-standard' and even I have never been bullied for my looks so I have no idea what you're talking about.

What you definitely need is a good haircut. Your hair looks a complete mess in the before as well as the after, not an attractive look. You should sort that out as well as your facial hair, get better clothes and calm down, that's my two cents.