Author Topic: Defrancq, Alfaro, Ramieri or Raffaini?  (Read 1421 times)

crimsonpeas22

Defrancq, Alfaro, Ramieri or Raffaini?
« on: June 01, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »
I want to apologise at the outset because I realise this question has been asked (in varying forms) several times. However, I have some specific goals in mind. Who do you think would best allow me to achieve them?

My goals:
-Fix short face syndrome
-Better soft tissue support (I have a 'chubby face', which has nothing to do with fat, but lack of bone to provide tissue support) through maximal forward advance

I can see that Alfaro has had some great results to fix short face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVaJJZCujoc

But Defrancq's example fixes short face, but also provides more definition and angularity to the face:
https://www.reddit.com/r/orthotropics/comments/g5iauv/on_the_before_picture_he_suffered_from_short_face/

Can you guys help me decide?

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Defrancq, Alfaro, Ramieri or Raffaini?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 03:55:53 PM »
What are we basing our decision on?

The odds anyone here has used all four of them are near zero, and the odds anyone here even consulted with all four are very low. So what are we basing our recommendation on?

The best thing to do is use the search function and look up each name, and see what the patients say.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
In general, short face is addressed by vertically elongating the maxilla (dropping it down with a graft). That increases the length of the lower 1/3rd of the face. Best candidates are those that need more tooth show.
Consulting with both doctors who not only SEE your face but can do measurements would be the best way to decide.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

crimsonpeas22

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 11:45:22 AM »
Thanks both.