Author Topic: FACIAL FAT GRAFTING  (Read 10207 times)

Lazlo

• Private
FACIAL FAT GRAFTING
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
Just thought I'd start a thread here about fat grafting since it would help offset irregularities from jaw surgery. Specifically it can be used to augment orbital rim/malar area. Now there's a bit of controversy here. Some say it immediately absorbs, but actually fat is a living tissue and if it is harvested and grafted in the proper way it should actually last forever (or at least 10 plus years). Schendel apparently does it.

http://www.facecenterla.com/sitemap/adult-stem-cell-facial-rejuvenation.html

Lazlo

• Private
Re: FACIAL FAT GRAFTING
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »
these are fillers but this guy also is an expert in fat grafting and this shows how he enhances some of the cheek/malar area

http://lamfacialplastics.com/the-outer-face-converting-double-concavities-into-convexities-2/

pekay

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
there is a Beverly Hills guy that does this (fat grafting) extremely well but I can't remember his name for the life of me
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
there is a Beverly Hills guy that does this (fat grafting) extremely well but I can't remember his name for the life of me

well it would be cool for sure if you let us know when you remember...

pekay

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
this guy doesn't have an online presence at all

his website is s**tty (poorly designed) and dated, he isn't a jack of all trades either (facial procedures only)

i remember reading on another forum (MissJ i think?) that all those royal saudi family wives go to him (probably a bulls**t rumor)

Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
this guy doesn't have an online presence at all

his website is s**tty (poorly designed) and dated, he isn't a jack of all trades either (facial procedures only)

i remember reading on another forum (MissJ i think?) that all those royal saudi family wives go to him (probably a bulls**t rumor)

well when you figure it out let us know!

msmixmaster

• Private
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:03 PM »
I think his guy is pretty famous for fat grafting too. Seen him on Vogue etc.
http://www.lipostructure.com/

earl25

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »
Just thought I'd start a thread here about fat grafting since it would help offset irregularities from jaw surgery. Specifically it can be used to augment orbital rim/malar area. Now there's a bit of controversy here. Some say it immediately absorbs, but actually fat is a living tissue and if it is harvested and grafted in the proper way it should actually last forever (or at least 10 plus years). Schendel apparently does it.

http://www.facecenterla.com/sitemap/adult-stem-cell-facial-rejuvenation.html

Fat grafting in general is very iffy especially for the orbital rim. theres many issues. first and foremost imo its highly overused. Per MissJ fat is really a permanenet filler for plumping, or best when you already have the bone structure or "shelf" to put the fat on. if you don't have the structure or shelf then really implants are the only option. I know you probably sont like them, honestly I don't either but if you have a orbital rim structure issue theres no other option other than a lefort 3 which no one will do on you because the risks are huge. there no shortage of people who really need orbital rim and got fat there and are unhappy.

also fat grafting in general is iffy. you have no clue how much will stay , how it will change over time,. when I saw heonig he told me he's seen many cases where someone gets fat graphs and looks good but then over time the grafts grow (like belly fat normally does as you age ) then you look terrible and its very hard to get out. also there's a debate whether most of the fat injected is dead on injection anyway since its put through the centrifuge, and this explains the hard cysts.

if I was going to do fat I'd do the dr. seckel style fat grafting. he takes a sliver of fat shapes it to form then inserts it. very little damage to the graft.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Fat grafting in general is very iffy especially for the orbital rim. theres many issues. first and foremost imo its highly overused. Per MissJ fat is really a permanenet filler for plumping, or best when you already have the bone structure or "shelf" to put the fat on. if you don't have the structure or shelf then really implants are the only option. I know you probably sont like them, honestly I don't either but if you have a orbital rim structure issue theres no other option other than a lefort 3 which no one will do on you because the risks are huge. there no shortage of people who really need orbital rim and got fat there and are unhappy.

also fat grafting in general is iffy. you have no clue how much will stay , how it will change over time,. when I saw heonig he told me he's seen many cases where someone gets fat graphs and looks good but then over time the grafts grow (like belly fat normally does as you age ) then you look terrible and its very hard to get out. also there's a debate whether most of the fat injected is dead on injection anyway since its put through the centrifuge, and this explains the hard cysts.

if I was going to do fat I'd do the dr. seckel style fat grafting. he takes a sliver of fat shapes it to form then inserts it. very little damage to the graft.

interesting stuff, thanks for the advice. would you recommend fillers of some sort then?

earl25

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
interesting stuff, thanks for the advice. would you recommend fillers of some sort then?

Depends. If you have the structure then fat or filler is ok. If you don't then imo it wont give you the augmentation you want.  I have a 1cm orbital rim deficiency fillers or fat wont do it for me. I need structure. Only implants can do it. Yes you can play with hydroxyapatite and fat and filler but it isn't the answer for structure.

earl25

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
not that much and its a risk because the paste can re-sorb, or migrate or lose its shape

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 04:22:52 PM »
i know arnett told me that when they use HA paste they mix it with PRP (platelet rich plasma --which is part of the reason why you give blood before the op.) and then when they use it at the osteotomy sites as well they also mix collagen and your own bone grafts. I don't know if they mix it with all that stuff for the orbital rims also, but if they did, it might suggest it would be more bone-line...

I guess it forms a psuedo-bone crystal structure but not as well organised on a micro level as real bone.

I recently started using a nano-HA toothpaste that's supposed to help recrystallise the tooth enamel.  Anyone else use it?  Results?

And finally in bone news - supplementing with calcium phosphate is supposed to be more effective than just calcium.  Which is weird to me as CaPO4 is going to break down into Ca2+ and (PO4)2- the minute it hits the stomach and the body doesn't exactly lack phosphate.

pekay

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »
I have seen many top cranios.No one will do a lefort because its too risky and quite frankly it scares me. Implants are the only route. dr. y wants to use custom silicone covered in goretex implants

are you short face syndrome?
Chopsticks > Spoons

earl25

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »
are you short face syndrome?

whats that?

pekay

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
whats that?

kinda like this: Figures A and B