Author Topic: Going to have double jaw surgery  (Read 4488 times)

drobi

Re: Going to have double jaw surgery
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 09:15:43 PM »

I think CW is more on target with your case than is CCW. To this regard, I will show you a case from a 'Grand Wazoo' of CCW (Gunson) who has actually done a CW rotation on a patient who is pretty much similar to you.  But, of course, he avoids telling people straight out it's a CW case and not a CCW case.

Here's a Gunson case, pretty similar to yours (although no case is 'exactly' like anothers'). The red lines I drew on the model to illustrate what I meant by an overall down graft in direction of CLOCKWISE rotation for the short face. Observe it is longer in front than in back.   Gunson, doesn't seem to tell people straight out when he's doing CW. He certainly didn't announce it on the FB page I found this example. But this is an example of CW with the the type of overall downgraft I was suggesting in my posts.

As I said prior, the CW will give you the elongation to the face needed and a genio can also be added.  The Gunson case has the CW via overall downgraft to the maxilla, advancement of both maxilla and mandible and also a genio.

photo or diagram included in this post.

Hi Kavan, I am trying to find the photo you included in this post. I only see the line saying "photo or diagram included in this post". Where can I find the actual photo? Thank you.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 06:09:11 PM »

Hi Kavan, I am trying to find the photo you included in this post. I only see the line saying "photo or diagram included in this post". Where can I find the actual photo? Thank you.

The original poster who started the string must have had all removed given he/she deleted their posts. So, I have no idea what the file name of the illustration was.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

drobi

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »
The original poster who started the string must have had all removed given he/she deleted their posts. So, I have no idea what the file name of the illustration was.

Ok, thanks!