General Category > Aesthetics

Was thinking about a lower third procedure to improve facial aesthetics

<< < (2/4) > >>

frozenchicken:

--- Quote from: GJ on November 13, 2019, 09:59:10 AM ---OP, I think you look totally normal.
Very mild lack of projection in the lower jaw but really, not a big deal. Philtrum is a bit long, but you're a guy, you can get away with it. Facial hair covers this wonderfully. Anyone recommending procedures is irresponsible, imo, and you likely have BDD and/or perfectionism.

--- End quote ---
I enjoy any fair comment. My understand is that there is nothing too much bad about my facial features but still I'm looking to further increase the aesthetics if practically and rationally possible to a fair standard.
Another user mentioned correcting the nose to fix the jaw balance. I was then thinking of at least fillers temporary. Anyway, this doesn't seem that critical as I gathered from opinions.
RE philtrum, it's about 19mm. Was contemplating the only corrective option as I understood in the face of lip lift but this area is new for me. Currently my goal was to do at first some most probably chin/jaw implant to see if any improvements are worth it.

Edit:

My bad for double posting, was thinking it would auto collate. Will act in future accordingly.

--- Quote from: kavan on November 13, 2019, 11:05:46 AM ---Nose base at Anterior Nasal Spine (ANS) looks forward. Often the case when the nose to lip angle is overly open (obtuse) which you have. Consistent with your observation of chin NOT looking as RELATIVELY forward as lip area.

ETA: Your chin/jaw area is NOT backwards. It just looks so because the ANS is too forwards. The aesthetic disharmony is at the ANS.

--- End quote ---

This is something new to me and I am so thankful to you for bringing this up. Maybe it's not my nose size or the chin, but rather the area where the two meet. Never thought about this. Will definitely bring this up with the plastic surgeon if they miss on this initially!

frozenchicken:
Saw the doctor today.

Was advised to remove two lower premolars which would then allow my lower jaw to push forward, creating chin protrusion. Never heard of this before and can't find something exact online. Seems to be new way procedure. Thoughts? Thanks

notrain:

--- Quote from: frozenchicken on November 19, 2019, 01:00:38 PM ---Saw the doctor today.

Was advised to remove two lower premolars which would then allow my lower jaw to push forward, creating chin protrusion. Never heard of this before and can't find something exact online. Seems to be new way procedure. Thoughts? Thanks

--- End quote ---

This isn't a new procedure at all, it is at least 30-40 years old. Here is a gallery of people who had it done: https://www.crossboworthodontic.com/xbow_cases.htm#classII

Of course they had an actual jaw issue which you don't have. I don't have a clue why anyone in your situation would willingly sacrifice two teeth and spend (at least) 15 months in braces followed by surgery to make themselves look like having an underbite, but knock yourself out.

frozenchicken:

--- Quote from: notrain on November 19, 2019, 01:22:16 PM ---This isn't a new procedure at all, it is at least 30-40 years old. Here is a gallery of people who had it done: https://www.crossboworthodontic.com/xbow_cases.htm#classII

Of course they had an actual jaw issue which you don't have. I don't have a clue why anyone in your situation would willingly sacrifice two teeth and spend (at least) 15 months in braces followed by surgery to make themselves look like having an underbite, but knock yourself out.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I was said that this can be done without bracers in 9 months and would only be done for aesthetic reasons. This was also brought up to me as an innovative solution compared to implants/fillers and the total price would only be 5000 Euros. I did express my concern about teeth removals affecting jaw negatively but was said all is good

Now I'm not too sure if all of this was in my best interests

notrain:

--- Quote from: frozenchicken on November 19, 2019, 11:41:52 PM ---Thanks. I was said that this can be done without bracers in 9 months and would only be done for aesthetic reasons. This was also brought up to me as an innovative solution compared to implants/fillers and the total price would only be 5000 Euros.

--- End quote ---

If a doctor told you this, run as far away as possible. You can't extract teeth and do surgery without braces. For one, you'd need to close the extraction gaps somehow after the teeth get pulled and after the surgery you need to move the teeth into final occlusion. Plus, the braces are also used during surgery. There is precisely zero possibility to do this without braces and definitely not in 9 months. What you were told does not make any sense at all / is not possible. If you want to get a surgery then get a chin wing, but don't f**k with your bite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version