General Category > Aesthetics

Could jaw surgery help?

(1/5) > >>

Breakingbad:
Hello all,

I have been researching treatment options for a few years now. Before travelling for consultations with a few maxillofacial surgeons, I wanted to ask whether I look like a possible candidate for jaw surgery.

Asking friends and family for their opinion has not gotten me useful information, with most people saying they do not see any abnormalities at all. To me though, there are obvious abnormalities in the structure of my jaw which are causing aesthetic issues.

I would describe the mid and lower thirds of my face as droopy or heavy in appearance. My bottom lip sticks out almost entirely past my lower jaw and my face generally looks pudgy, undefined and strange. I have a small overbite that my dentist always said wasn't worth getting braces for.

I'm at around 19% body fat right now but I've been down to about 13% and it didn't change much.

I'd appreciate your input!

Breakingbad:
Here are frontal pics

kavan:
Just looks like chin augmentation would help. Doesn't look like you need full monty of bimax surgery.

ben from UK:
Your left side (right on the pic) seems more deficient than the right side, which is causing some asymmetry, which probably wouldn't be an issue if you had a more square facial shape. Golonial angles are quite high as well. But if you look at the profile pic, they seem okay. So it"s probably just an undefinied, oval shaped jaw/face.

I think a good jaw + chin procedure could bring you up alot.

I think your judgement is right. Lack of defined jaw and chin makes your lower third look sagging. Yeah, you could do only with chin procedure. If you want more perfection, a jaw procedure can be done.

Breakingbad:

--- Quote from: ben from UK on December 09, 2019, 04:55:23 PM ---Your left side (right on the pic) seems more deficient than the right side, which is causing some asymmetry, which probably wouldn't be an issue if you had a more square facial shape. Golonial angles are quite high as well. But if you look at the profile pic, they seem okay. So it"s probably just an undefinied, oval shaped jaw/face.

I think a good jaw + chin procedure could bring you up alot.

I think your judgement is right. Lack of defined jaw and chin makes your lower third look sagging. Yeah, you could do only with chin procedure. If you want more perfection, a jaw procedure can be done.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean a jaw surgery where the jaw bones are cut or something more along the lines of a wraparound implant? If you meant full jaw surgery, how might that be possible since I don't have bite issues? From what I understand, I might not be able to get surgery without extractions and then braces to create an overbite, because there is no space to advance my lower jaw since my teeth are already pretty well aligned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version