General Category > Aesthetics

Smile recovery after Bimax Lefort 1

(1/7) > >>

Jordana1983:
Hello I had Lefort bimax 13 days ago
I went through a very difficult time these last past days
Very emotional
I had to do it without family around me , alone
No anxiolytics so all in all I feel Like a survivor , I am glad I can finally share My experience on this forum.
My biggest worry at the moment is the fact I look clearly uglier than before
I was beautiful I had a wide beautiful smile
I am  experiencing nerves laziness on the right side of my face and the doctor said it will take time but will come back to normal movements and sensation over the weeks, same for the chin.
As I was saying for now as I am still swollen and I am lacking of sensations and movement freedom on my smile I am wondering is it normal I feel like my mouth cannot smile widely as before and that most of my teeth are not visible anymore especially bottom ones but also the top arcade
Please see attached before my beautiful smile and now .
Have some of you had a similar experience ?
Does it get better once the swelling is more reduced and the cheeks muscles less stiff ?

GJ:
At 13 days you probably don't have full control over your muscles. It's impossible to know just from photos which muscles are engaged in each photo, so it's hard to say if it's an accurate comparison. Based on what you posted, and assuming you're engaging the same muscles, it looks possible you were over impacted. But I'm not totally sure that's what's going on because in the first photo you're showing much more lower tooth than the bottom photo, and with over impaction you'd expect to see even more bottom (and less top, which you do have).

Hang in there. You're still swollen. Reassess in a few more weeks.

Jordana1983:
Thank you so much for your answer
However I don’t understand what does over impacted mean here
I am very sad not to see my teeth when I smile
This would be a disaster
We did the surgery to give me some comfort because of joint pains and Jaw imbalance creating facial asymmetry and a crooked neck posture
One of the main aesthetic goal wast to reduce  the left side of my face which was bigger and more advanced
The doctor told me I would not lose my smile but I see I lost it
Meaning it does not have the same shape and dimensions anymore ,it is ugly now none of my bottom teeth are showing and little of the top teeth

Jordana1983:
I also had perfect occlusion on both side and now I lost occlusion on the left side after the surgery
The doctor said we could arrange that with orthodontics treatment
But he also created an inclination on the top jaw now my top teeth looks a bit crooked up tilted on the left side 
I really hope orthodontics will help and that there ll be no need for another surgery to fix the overcorrection   
I was disappointed as I thought there were using a technique to make sure the teeth bottom and up were staying fixed together and straight midline parallel to the eyes

april:
Jordana do you have braces or Invisalign on? Or was this surgery-first?

Impaction is when they move your upper jaw upwards. Usually done to reduce a gummy smile / vertical excess.

You hopefully just need more time to recover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version