Author Topic: Chin wing Vs Wraparound jaw implant  (Read 4674 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Chin wing Vs Wraparound jaw implant
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
Can you please expand on what this "combination of distance relationships" is / means?

It's a very complex and esoteric aesthetic geometry to explain and not something I would elect to explain here since too many people on here don't even seem to have fundamental grammar school geometry underbelt.

Besides, what's so hard to understand a simple qualitative statement that relays that models are not all or mainly surgical constructs but rather RARE and lucky flukes of nature. The model wannabees are the least likely to accept that and hence, the most futile group to be receptive of why they won't be looking like a model. Not to mention, I'd rather be spending time on people who are seeking improvement due to very unbalanced aesthetic relationships than those wanting to be indulged in how they can obtain their narcissistic goals. Besides, there's another board for model worship.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 12:02:42 PM »
It means aesthetics comprises more than one or two ratios between features.  For example it's not enough to have a strong chin or brow or wide gonial angles, etc.  These features can even look overdone or unnatural in isolation.  The MM look involves several ratios working together to achieve a particular aesthetic that is superior to the aggregate of these features.  In particular, Kavan often brings up the point that MM eyes are absolutely essential to the MM look.  Incel types call these 'hunter eyes'.  Without that crucial piece (which is genetic), you might end up looking like a failed Creature of Frankenstein

BINGO!  +  The eyes have it.

Hopeless Incel

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
You guys mean to say that option 1 often defeats option 2??

1. Hunter Eyes, Average Jaw, Average Cheekbones
2 Average Eyes, Good jaw & cheekbones

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
You guys mean to say that option 1 often defeats option 2??

1. Hunter Eyes, Average Jaw, Average Cheekbones
2 Average Eyes, Good jaw & cheekbones

Yes. That's what it basically means.

When #1 gets the jaw and cheek bones improved, it FRAMES THE EYES and the whole picture is improved.

So, it's not just the frame but rather what is being framed.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »
when a surgeon asks for a reference on how you wish the results to look like, and if you've very limited knowledge on facial aesthetics, then you'll end showing pictures (...) I don't know why a pic that has been sent to the Doc is more bothering than the real issues I've been claiming again and again (osteotomy irregularity & an angular jaw)

There are no real 'issues' with your jaws. If you had real issues, you would not need to go around with anybody else's pictures saying you want to look like that. For example, I have 'real issues' with my jaws and no doctor ever asked for a photo of what I wanted to look like because it is clear to them what the issue is and they understand I want to look like the best possible version of myself, not like another person. If a surgeon is asking for a 'reference' of what you want to look like, there is something already quite wrong with that picture (literally). But you can't see that so fine, keep paying doctors for breaking your jaws.