Author Topic: I don't understand modern implants  (Read 3740 times)

tim06

• Private
Re: I don't understand modern implants
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 04:53:15 AM »
By the way, I think that the whole upper area of implants is aestethically useless. Ideally, you only target the lower base (see pic). Someone else said it before: millimeters are miles on a face. Every spot that doesn't need to ne augmented, shouldn't be augmented. I understand this is needed to fix the implant, but they should find a way to get rid of all useless parts and make it more 'lean', to avoid bloating etc.

I understand that when you get, for example 15-20 mm angles, the implant needs to go higher up, but if it's only 3-4 mm, it could be made more lean.

Another reason is that you just add shapes on top of an existing structure instead of widening the existing jawbone.
Imagine you had a ship and you would want to make it look more bulky and bigger from the front. If you tried to just add more sheets of metal on the outer layer you would end up with a very weird formed ship even if it might look bigger from the front you could tell from the other sides that something is odd.

ben from UK

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 08:05:33 AM »
Another reason is that you just add shapes on top of an existing structure instead of widening the existing jawbone.
Imagine you had a ship and you would want to make it look more bulky and bigger from the front. If you tried to just add more sheets of metal on the outer layer you would end up with a very weird formed ship even if it might look bigger from the front you could tell from the other sides that something is odd.

But widening existing jawbone doesnt always give expected results neither, and implants sometimes do give decent results. Maybe not perfect, but decent. So, it depends on luck, surgeon skills and phenotype as well. Fillers wear off soon, but some people report 12-18 months. Everything has a downside. But I agree alot of implant results aren't ideal.

I had implants and I do look better due to additional width. But it doesn't look 100% what it should be, especially from certain angles. People say they don't notice it, but I see it in certain angles. Underneath the upper area of the jaw muscle, there is bloat. It's also partially due to ruptured masseter. I tried to make it less bloated with botox, but it doesn't seem to work. From the standpoint of width, it looks better, more in harmony, but i could make my face a bit leaner, that would help alot to make it exactly how it should be.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:28:25 AM by ben from UK »

Stei

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 07:02:54 PM »
What's wrong with the Yaremchuck results you posted above? They seem amazing. Great harmony, amazing cheekbones (exactly that model like look there), plus they look natural.

I'm not saying his result is bad. But for me, it's hard to say if it looks or feels natural with 2 pictures, the jaw implant doesn't and I would like to see  that in movement. For me, smiling or talking reveals the shape of the implant, it's only there that u can tell it looks weird and not natural. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he needs to be very cautious when his razor comes close to those angles. I often cut myself because of the small gap between the chin and jaw implant.

Anyway, the shape of his cheek implants is undoubtedly superior to mine. Mine are just too round and simplistic compared to his.
I've spent hours thinking about it and it's really hard to say what's wrong with cheek implants. I've noticed that most implants (and mine) are curved under the lateral orbital rim whereas it should be a lot flatter. In this regard, I think Yaremchuk did a better job here : https://imgur.com/a/Ca2a1pP
The result may be less impressive, he could maybe add more volume if she wanted it but the design is more realistic I think.

By the way, I think that the whole upper area of implants is aestethically useless. Ideally, you only target the lower base (see pic).

If you remove the upper part, it'll be worse. Unlike my plan suggested it, there is a lot less peek implant (maybe the firm tried to save some money there), so it's very close to what you're suggesting. As regards my own case, i think this has led to two issues : first, the "wraparound" implants do not "wrap" the bone as intended but feel like an additional layer. For instance, U won't have the "contour" from the ear to the jaw angle. I can tell you it's very ugly and unusual if only the angle is marked, it was my very first complain when the swelling went down. Second, the thinner the implant is, the more room for mistakes u have. As I said in a previous post, there isn't a part of my implant that is placed correctly and I think the main reason for that it's precisely because it's not really wrapping the bone but fixed over it. When it was explained to me, the surgeon told me it would be like a negative of my bone. So from my understanding, if he had more material he couldn't have fixed it if it didn't fit perfectly.

ben from UK

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 06:47:54 PM »
 You had the wrong surgeon. Go to yaremchuck, his aestethic eye and skills are unmatched imo.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 06:01:54 AM »
Filler photos are taken on SAME day. What ever 'sharpness' you see on the SAME DAY gets blunted over time. The more you get fillers, the more you have to get refills or 'top ups'. Each refill creates more internal scar tissue (steel canulla to place creates scar tissue). Although scar tissue can give some augmentation, it also makes it harder to smoothly re-inject with each refill. So, it is not a one and done deal. Instagram docs who wow the audience with the jaw fillers act on the principle that the SAME DAY look will attract new patients and the patients who had it prior will keep coming back. So, it's more of a lucrative process for the filler doctor than a 'one and done' deal.

Fillers are in the soft tissue envelope and lend themselves more to selective sculpting than do implants. For example, you can shoot the filler in below the bone border without having to fixate it to the jaw bone as you do with an implant.

There was a perm filler; 'Bio-Alcamid' which was once used. But with time, it had MANY problems, one being LATE STAGE INFECTION. It was discontinued. A late stage infection with a perm filler is more problematic to remove than an infected implant. Has to be squeezed out which can dislodge it to other places to infect. With the bio-alcamid, people were getting terrible problems/infections with the stuff MANY YEARS AFTER they got it injected

A product used for BODY filling (which is much thicker than fillers used for face) was used on SJ and the product used on him was discontinued. It was used OFF LABEL from it's intended use (stuff like breast and butt filling).

I can vouch for this. Gotten to the point where that initial effect from fillers is gone within a few days and any projection is now completely gone within a month.

Sucks.