Author Topic: Would you tell your future SO you've had jaw surgery?  (Read 1777 times)

Cmonster

• Private
Would you tell your future SO you've had jaw surgery?
« on: July 31, 2013, 12:40:10 AM »
So in a recent discussion with a friend, the topic of  "do you tell your future significant other you've had jaw surgery?", came up and we exchanged a few opinions on the subject matter.

Now out of curiosity, what do you think about it? Would you feel comfortable telling them about it? Do you think its something they need to know or is it none of their business? It will be interesting to see what you all think :)

We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Would you tell your future SO you've had jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:52:53 AM »
So in a recent discussion with a friend, the topic of  "do you tell your future significant other you've had jaw surgery?", came up and we exchanged a few opinions on the subject matter.

Now out of curiosity, what do you think about it? Would you feel comfortable telling them about it? Do you think its something they need to know or is it none of their business? It will be interesting to see what you all think :)

of course i would tell them. it's not something to be ashamed of. you don't have to tell them you're a neurotic mess with body dysmorphic disorder and full of self-loathing and insecurities (sorry, it's the total f**king truth), i mean they'll figure that out eventually anyway. people have jaw surgery for all sorts of reasons. i began on this whole trek due to vanity, but after the orthodontic work i received i now have to have it. it's like 90 percent functional now.

what would your reasons for not telling your SO about this surgery? cause like it indicates you were a deformed freak before it and potentially not intrinsically and genetically attractive as they may perceive you to be? well that would be a pretty insecure and superficial reason to keep it from them.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
Really I'm not sure.  If I did I would probably say it was for a functional issue  :o

Any SO could probably tell from your Facebook pictures anyway.  In mine it's fat double chin for 5 years and then ping! Suddenly it's gone.  Nose is easier as the swelling goes down gradually

If your kids come out looking weird you probably would have to say, though

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
Im definitely in the camp that you have to tell them, especially if its serious its only fair. I cant imagine why someone wouldnt tell someone they plan on spending a sizable part of their life with.

This divorce and lawsuit in China is what set this topic in motion..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/29/chinese-man-divorces-ugly-wife_n_2037141.html
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.