Author Topic: Arnett Gunson has created a before and after results page  (Read 4020 times)

Lefortitude

Arnett Gunson has created a before and after results page
« on: May 26, 2020, 09:54:31 AM »
https://www.arnettgunson.com/before-and-after-gallery-faces

Not sure if this has been posted already, but they added over a dozen B&A results.

Some of the results are incredible.  What do you think?

Post bimax

• Private
Re: Arnett Gunson has created a before and after results page
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:08:36 AM »
The results are impressive, though I would like to see some more class 2 male patients.  I'm surprised by how female his client base is.  Or maybe his best results are with female patients.  I don't know

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 01:49:53 PM »
I think the results look great BUT I also think the presentation is INCOMPLETE because he does NOT tell the viewer what procedures and basic type of displacements the patients got.

Ironic how he has an EDUCATIONAL section (which seems to be for doctors). But he fails to educate the viewer audience as to the procedures and basic displacements done on the show cased patients.

I anticipate members will be looking at the photos and asking on here what was done. But not too sure I want to waste much brain energy analyzing what was most likely done just because he elects to withhold that type of information on his presentation.

Maybe I should just give a wise crack 'answer' when someone asks what was done on this or that patient and just say: 'Oh Gunson doesn't want you to know. If he did, he would have told you on the same page as the photos.'

Ya, I think that will be my answer.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ODog

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 04:25:12 PM »
I’m probably in the minority here but I think a lot of the patients had such bad starting points (based on their jaws) that any surgeon would have improved them. The HA paste looks good and offers a nice improvement but I mean it’s in no way better than your run of the mill zygomatic osteotomy. I’ve seen more transformative results from other surgeons who are 1/7th the price.

He does seem to have a knack for making the bite absolutely perfect, though. Very impressive.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 04:39:33 PM »
I’m probably in the minority here but I think a lot of the patients had such bad starting points (based on their jaws) that any surgeon would have improved them. The HA paste looks good and offers a nice improvement but I mean it’s in no way better than your run of the mill zygomatic osteotomy. I’ve seen more transformative results from other surgeons who are 1/7th the price.

He does seem to have a knack for making the bite absolutely perfect, though. Very impressive.
Midlines are off on quite a few. Not as bad as alfaro, though.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 05:25:44 PM »
Midlines are off on quite a few. Not as bad as alfaro, though.

IMO midline discrepancy is not much of an issue unless it causes a functional problem. Nobody will notice it.  Much more important for the teeth to mesh with proper overjet and depth at the incisors

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 05:29:25 PM »

The first male result is extremely impressive.  Got exactly what he needed.  CW rotation helped but the genioplasty is doing a lot of work.  At least that's what it looks like to me

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »
Third guy (underbite) turned into a five-head - lower third too short now.

Yoroshiku

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 02:24:01 AM »
Wow, if I knew this existed five years ago I never would have had implants.  Amazing.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 06:07:51 AM »
Third guy (underbite) turned into a five-head - lower third too short now.

Worth the tradeoff.  Plus he can get a HT

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 07:24:20 AM »
#4 is incredible.
They're all very good to great.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Movebone

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 07:37:23 AM »
What about that last male, looks like a genio result.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 08:01:57 AM »
What about that last male, looks like a genio result.

A genio fixed his open bite?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Movebone

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 09:00:48 AM »
A genio fixed his open bite?

The comparison was more to illustrate that I find the result lacking. Obviously I have no idea what the patient wanted nor do I have the knowledge to really comment on functional improvements but it doesn't look like his jawline improved much to my eye, again, no idea what he actually asked for, so maybe it really is a great result for his situation. For myself I need a far more dramatic movement so I'm comparing it to a result I would want after paying the Gunson price. His pre-surgery jaw is a lot better than mine, I look more like the second guy. So fingers crossed it ends up being worth it. :-\

Movebone

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 09:09:50 AM »

Odog, can you tell me more about these surgeons, I was going to book with Gunson after I have my consultation in August, but  if his results aren't consistently better than the work of lesser known surgeons maybe I can save some of my money for Yaremchuk cheek implants. Kavan and GJ recommended bimax with ccw and I thought the only surgeons who did large downgrafts were Gunson and Wolford.