Author Topic: Is this a real result?  (Read 1217 times)

eastcoastian1

Is this a real result?
« on: May 31, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »
Look at the profile view. Her ramus has been elongated like 10x over. Is this real or photoshopped?

https://movahedoms.com/services/corrective-jaw-surgery/double-jaw-surgery/case-study-6/

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Is this a real result?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »
You must mean her oblique (3/4) view. It looks like she had an inverted 'L' osteotomy.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Movebone

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »
Holy fk!!! Its like her exact scan ;D ;D ;D

looks terrible, can she get the posterior section set-down? Maybe filled in with a graft?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 05:12:34 AM »
What happened to her nose? The tip is pointing downwards in the after.  That's throwing everything off.  It looks like she got a rhinoplasty which improved the bridge but they screwed up the tip.

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 07:31:07 AM »
difficult to say, because the after sidevew photo is not taken really at the side. She looks more away.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »
I think she got ANS shaving for the nose tether, but it was too much on her and surgeon failed to compensate by lifting the tip via another technique.  I don't know much about rhinoplasty though.

Either way, the perceived ratio of her ramus (vertical) to mandible (horizontal) is disconcerting.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 11:18:52 AM »
I think she got ANS shaving for the nose tether, but it was too much on her and surgeon failed to compensate by lifting the tip via another technique.  I don't know much about rhinoplasty though.

Either way, the perceived ratio of her ramus (vertical) to mandible (horizontal) is disconcerting.

Correct. +1 This has to do with the other posts I made where I singled out prominent ANS problem and told the posters that their circumstance was an exception to the general rule to get a rhino after max advancement/bimax and due to that to have the rhino first. Here, the maxfax doc reduced the ANS but was not conversant in the OTHER rhino techniques needed to go WITH an ANS reduction. In those posts, someone else comes along and just parrots the general rule of not getting the rhino first and the reasoning given for the EXCEPTION to it is a 'TLDR' matter for them.

By the way, I withheld the answer because I  had confidence you would eventually come up with it.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

LeFort 3000

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 03:13:06 PM »
The nose looks alot better in the after. Great result.