Author Topic: Orthodontics in lieu of surgical maxilla impaction  (Read 2240 times)

Post bimax

• Private
Re: Orthodontics in lieu of surgical maxilla impaction
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 07:18:18 AM »
I'm female which is why G proposed the tiny/softer chin projection. He also said that the genioplasty would help achieve overall lower jaw advancement without even more BSSO advancement.

Oh, lol. That clears it up.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 11:10:31 AM »
I have VME (vertical maxillary excess) and did quite a bit of research on TADs and spoke to orthos about it before I decided on surgery instead. My conclusion is that TADs can be a great solution for relatively mild cases of VME when lip incompetence isn't too bad to start with. For everyone else, it is just a lenghty and costly orthodontic treatment with unimpressive results.

wigglewiggle

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 06:30:14 PM »
I have VME (vertical maxillary excess) and did quite a bit of research on TADs and spoke to orthos about it before I decided on surgery instead. My conclusion is that TADs can be a great solution for relatively mild cases of VME when lip incompetence isn't too bad to start with. For everyone else, it is just a lenghty and costly orthodontic treatment with unimpressive results.

How much in mm did you end up impacting? Also judging from your user name you used Invisalign for pre-surgery ortho? How did that go?

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 12:21:15 AM »
How much in mm did you end up impacting? Also judging from your user name you used Invisalign for pre-surgery ortho? How did that go?

I haven't had the surgery yet. Was hoping to use Invisalign but it would have taken about 3 years to close the extraction gaps with Invisalign so I did the sensible thing and chose self-ligating braces. I only need braces at the bottom to close the gaps so it isn't that visible anyway (I had braces before so my teeth are straight with no crowding).